Windows 10: external SATA drive

Discus and support external SATA drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My win 10 cannot recognise my Prestigio external SATA drive when it previously can.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lilychia1, Jul 10, 2020.

1. lilychia1 Win User

external SATA drive

My win 10 cannot recognise my Prestigio external SATA drive when it previously can.

:)

lilychia1, Jul 10, 2020
  2. JoeNamco Win User

SATA internal HDD and external SATA HDD

using a USB makes it a external drive to the system. suggest that you do some research on USB vs SATA.

JoeNamco, Jul 10, 2020
  3. SATA internal HDD and external SATA HDD

I don't understand, the external drive isn't actually an external drive, it's a SCSI SATA disk drive in a lay flat docking station connected by a USB 3.0 cable. The docking station did clone the "C" drive ok. So, isn't it just like as if the SCSI SATA
    drive was in the tower just like the original "C" SCSI disk drive but not hooked up to the SATA data cable?

deerpark243, Jul 10, 2020
  4. external SATA drive

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

external SATA drive

1. external SATA drive - Similar Threads - external SATA drive

2. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  3. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  4. SATA drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA drive issues: I use a WD Black 6TB HDD SATA drive as a second drive for files not as a system drive. The operating system is on a M2 SSD. The drive has been working fine for a few weeks until I started getting an error message on startup saying that the $RECYCLE.BIN is corrupted. I get...
  5. (bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD: Disconnecting the drives allows the computer to boot normally. The last thing I did with the drive was install and play modern warfare and then shut off the PC. Plugging in the drives with hotplug enabled causes the PC to bsod in any windows state (safemode, recovery). The...
  6. External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA): Hi. I'm trying to connect an external hard drive to my PC but it won't show up. Best I can do with it is light it up. If I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, it keeps on disconnecting as it should. But on 3.0 ports, it either lights up or doesnt light up but not show up at all....
  7. SATA CD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA CD drive: my HP desktop will not recognize the sata CD drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-cd-drive/5d6da69b-7d11-4954-9b7a-93a26cb3fb09
  8. SATA drives missing

SATA drives missing: My PC has just installed the latest Windows 10 updates but 2 of my drives are now missing. There should be a SATA HDD and Blue Ray disc drive. They are showing in the BIOS but when I checked Device Manager they are hidden, when I checked properties they are showing as...
  9. Unable to see External Hard Drive using USB - SATA Connector

Unable to see External Hard Drive using USB - SATA Connector: The power went out while doing a Windows 10 update. I purchased a USB to SATA connector, connected it to another Windows 10 PC's USB port. The external hard drive that I removed from my other PC is not showing in Windows File Manager. 40757
  10. W10 Recognizes My External SATA II Drive As SATA I - Why ?

W10 Recognizes My External SATA II Drive As SATA I - Why ?: I solved a similar problem in Win 7 by uninstalling an Advanced "6G" Storage Controller and letting Windows install its generic driver but I have no idea what to do in Win 10 because of the dumbed down way everything behind the scenes is displayed, which appears not to have...