Windows 10: External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

Discus and support External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Seagate Plus Hard Drive was working fine, I went on a trip and took it with me. It was in a padded case and protected. I tried to plug it into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pmont5100, Mar 17, 2021.

1. pmont5100 Win User

External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

My Seagate Plus Hard Drive was working fine, I went on a trip and took it with me. It was in a padded case and protected. I tried to plug it into my laptop which is running Windows 10, and it wouldn't show up in File Explorer. I came home and tried it on the computer that it was running perfect, also windows 10, and it won't show up in file explorer. I have made sure that all updates have been updated, I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, I have tried disk Part, and it asks for a volume when assigning a drive letter. I looked in Disk Management, and there is no volume listed. In Disk Management, the drive is listed with no letter. I tried to initialize it and I get a dialog box that states it isn't ready. It is showing "Not initialized" and Unallocated in Disk Management with no assigned drive letter. I have searched how to make it ready, but no one answers it. I don't want to lose the data stored on this drive, so how can I get it off?

:)

pmont5100, Mar 17, 2021

2. Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 17, 2021
  4. External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

Retrieve the files on Seagate external hard drive

Original title: Seagate external hard drive

How do I retrieve the files I have on my Seagate external hard drive?

Keith.M.Scott63, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

1. External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - External Seagate Hard

2. Seagate External Drive not showing in Windows Explorer - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate External Drive not showing in Windows Explorer - Windows 10: Hello,After reading a few other related posts here, I'm hoping for a bit of additional help. My Windows 10 PC doesn't show my Seagate external hard drive in Windows Explorer, however the Seagate light turns on, I can feel the internal drive circulating, and my PC makes the...
  3. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer: So I recently got a new laptopI have a Seagate external hard drive that I used to use on my other computer, however that computer has been broken for 1 year maybe more. So I haven't used the hard drive in a while, and it hasn't been tested since then.When I plug it into this...
  4. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer: So I recently got a new laptopI have a Seagate external hard drive that I used to use on my other computer, however that computer has been broken for 1 year maybe more. So I haven't used the hard drive in a while, and it hasn't been tested since then.When I plug it into this...
  5. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer

External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that I can't get to show up in the file explorer, I can see the drive in disk management though. I was thinking the drive doesn't have a letter assigned to it so maybe that's the problem but it won't let me give it one or change it from disk...
  7. Seagate external hard drive - RSF files

Seagate external hard drive - RSF files: My Seagate external has partitioned itself and I appear to have lost all of my photos of my daughter growing up. Is there anyway of retrieving the photos and re-partitioning the external drive? I have extensively searched the internet and I have become a bit 'jargon blind'....
  8. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  9. Seagate External Hard drive Decryption

Seagate External Hard drive Decryption: My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using the same key which was...
  10. Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information!

Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information!: Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information! How do I get it to show how much disc space is left? Below the drive just like Windows c:drive showing the information below it? [img] 121881