Windows 10: External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working

Discus and support External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built a new pc: Ryzen 2700, Asrock x470 Taichi, Trident Z 16gb 3200mhz cl14 ram, samsung 970evo 250gb, windows 10pro october update. With this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaacLeboeuf, Dec 4, 2018.

1. External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working

I just built a new pc: Ryzen 2700, Asrock x470 Taichi, Trident Z 16gb 3200mhz cl14 ram, samsung 970evo 250gb, windows 10pro october update. With this pc I would like to use my M-audio Fast track C-400. The drivers install properly but the sound coming out of it is clipping, skipping, distorted. I have tried everything I seen online. Reinstall drivers, disable smt, reinstall drivers, use old drivers, disable networking cards, different USB ports, power plans, sfc /scannow, DISM commands, all of it. This is very weird because my old fx-8300 system with the same version of windows had no issues with it at all. I also tried on my father i7-4770 machine and it worked flawlessly. I'm wondering what could cause my clipping issue.

:)

IsaacLeboeuf, Dec 4, 2018

2. No sound in external soundcard

I followed the recommended steps above which did not resolve my problem.

The steps I took to solve the problem:

• Type Device Manager in Windows Search.
    • In Device Manager; Locate the sound card (in my case; Creative SB X-Fi)
    • Right click that device and select "Uninstall".
    • After removal from the list, click "Scan for hardware changes" under "Action" on top tool bar.
    • The computer automatically detects the "new" device and re-installs the sound card.
    • I'm back in business.

George Carpenter_3, Dec 4, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    sound card problem

I do not see any Software drivers for this VIA since Windows 7 in 2009. Did the VIA drivers get updated from Windows and did you check Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers to see if it was listed ?

No need to disable integrated Sound device when installing a PCI sound card. How are you hooking up this new card to external speakers and which model Sound blaster card did you purchase ? Usually front jack will only work for integrated card unless hooking PCI card to a motherboard connector i believe.

jds63, Dec 4, 2018
  4. External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working

Bruce Hagen, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working

1. External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working - Similar Threads - External Sound Card

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. No sound after removing external sound card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after removing external sound card.: I bought an external soundblaster soundcard and an 7.1 logitech surround system.I quickly found out though, that i didnt use it as much as i hoped.So, i uninstalled the soundblaster software and removed the soundcard.After that, i cant get any sound what so ever out of my...
  4. sound card

sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  5. sound clip virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sound clip virus: At 10PM each day my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop, running WIN10 365, begins to produce the sounds of a small flock of songbirds. I don't mean it is squeaking or producing some weird electronic noise. These are quite recognizable birds. I am not a birdsong fancier, but I'm...
  6. External USB card reader is not working

External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  7. External Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Sound Card: I have USB External Sound Card Digital HD 7.1 Diamond DMM201008XS0981. I can get my external speakers to work but my input is not working. I like to convert my album collection to mp3's. Any help for fixing my audio input? Thanks, Steve...
  8. Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.

Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.: After 2 months of doing everything possible to fix the Crackling Audio after a Windows 10 Update & then dealing with Microsoft over the phone numerous times, And no resolution. I decided to get some USB Sound Card's. And I have sound again. Both have the same sample rate of...
  9. External Sound Card crashes. EMU Tracker Pre

External Sound Card crashes. EMU Tracker Pre: Hello. I have a problem with my external sound card. It's hard to explain. It works to some point, then if I will open too many sounds or it works for some time, it just stop responding and i have to restart it manually (turn off then on again). Sometimes even doing so wont...
  10. Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped): On my laptop, the sounds made by Windows (such as Action Center alerts) are distorted. More specifically, they sound clipped, as if routed through a fuzz box. However sounds made by an application (Spotify) are fine and clear. I don't think it was always like this. I've...