Windows 10: External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

Discus and support External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stephenmolnar, Mar 3, 2016.

1. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop.

Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer.
    Doing a web search has not resulted in finding the problem, let alone a solution. Further my anti-virus is up-to-date, as are the microphone and speaker drivers.

Pointers in the direction of a solution will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

stephenmolnar, Mar 3, 2016
  2. dbldn11 Win User

How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

The new update forced my internal speaker to play music. I have external speakers that are much easier to control and mute. How do I turn off the internal speakers but keep the external speakers under manual control? Using a Dell with Windows 10

dbldn11, Mar 3, 2016
  3. pacifier1 Win User
    Two questions...

1. Laptops have internal speakers for music. Can I plug external pc speakers in it and have music output on those external speakers? Will the sound on internal speakers get muted if I plug in enterock speakers?

2. How to play games on laptop? Can I install game controller or simply compatible remote control and play RPG games or other games?

pacifier1, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Hydranix Win User

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

What audio codec does your laptop use?

It will be listed in device manager. The VEN DEV combo will be enough information.

You'll find it in the device properties details tab, specifically, the "Hardware IDs" section.

It will resemble this:
    Code: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0288&SUBSYS_10EC0191&REV_1000[/quote] Usually the audio codec chip itself will detect an external speaker is plugged in. Have you checked your audio device's configuration software? It should have a shortcut in the classic control panel.

Hydranix, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Problem solved! The wrong speaker was set as default in the Playback section of Sound in the Control Panel. One mouse click and the problem was no longer.

stephenmolnar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

1. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker - Similar Threads - External Speaker Fails

2. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  3. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  4. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  5. Speaker icon on mute

Speaker icon on mute: My speaker icon has a red X and speaker setup UNKNOWN and is OFF can't figure out how to turn on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-mute/e9fe8207-57f9-41c4-badd-0dcd907e8134
  6. My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are...: Yesterday I checked for updates under my windows update tab and it searched for updates and find some and did the update process like normal but afterwards I didn't have no sound on my gaming laptop. I got windows automatic chat system help which fixed my sound on my gaming...
  7. speakers muting

speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  8. Speaker is muted in Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  9. How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took...
  10. Speaker icon muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0