Windows 10: External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update

Discus and support External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10. I received notification of a system update. Ran the update. Now when I plug in external speakers or headphones, the internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cindyt4444, Oct 13, 2019.

1. External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update

I'm running windows 10. I received notification of a system update. Ran the update. Now when I plug in external speakers or headphones, the internal speakers remain active & no sound comes from the external speakers or headphones.

I've done the basic troubleshooting including uninstalling/reinstalling the sound driver. Still only the internal speakers will work.
    Appreciate any advice!

:)

cindyt4444, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 13, 2019
  3. external speakers that work with windows 10 when it updates

external speakers that work with windows 10 when it updates. it deactivates my boss speakers and headphones when it installs new updates.Is there a set of external speakers i can purchase that will work with windows 10 and its updates

franklintwo, Oct 13, 2019
  4. External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update

Speakers don't work but headphones work

I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only the speakers are listed even when headphone are plugged in.

FourFeatures, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update

1. External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - External speakers headphones

2. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  3. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  4. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones, external speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones, external speaker.: I have a Dell laptop that no longer recognizes when I plug in either headphones or an external speaker. These plug into a jack located on the side of the laptop next to the USB port. The internal speakers work fine, but I CANNOT switch to headphones. I have already tried to...
  6. Headphones, external speaker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones, external speaker.: I have a Dell laptop that no longer recognizes when I plug in either headphones or an external speaker. These plug into a jack located on the side of the laptop next to the USB port. The internal speakers work fine, but I CANNOT switch to headphones. I have already tried to...
  7. Headphones, external speaker.

8. My headphone speakers won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headphone speakers won't work.: I plugged in my headphones and it asked what type of device I plugged in and out of curiosity I selected plug in mic. Now my headphones don't work. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in again which normally makes it ask but it didn't. I can't find my headphones in device...
  9. External Speakers not working after update Windows 10

External Speakers not working after update Windows 10: My external speakers were working fine on my laptop until the latest update. I've rebooted multiple times. The troubleshooter tells me the Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point are missing and there's no Jack?? My speakers are working 100% I've tested them on another...
  10. Speakers won't work with external display

Speakers won't work with external display: I actually have two issues (the second being that the built-in microphone isn't working, but that's the least of my worries). I have my laptop connected to an external monitor & I can't get any non-system sounds to play. Dell Laptop w/ only HDMI video connected to Dell VGA...