Windows 10: external speakers installation

Discus and support external speakers installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after installation of microsoft one drive and edge my speakers internal and external failed to function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickDeenihan, Jul 11, 2020.

1. external speakers installation

after installation of microsoft one drive and edge my speakers internal and external failed to function

:)

RickDeenihan, Jul 11, 2020
  2. JoeKocek Win User

External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Jul 11, 2020
  3. ClairePWN Win User
    Issues with installing External Speaker on Windows 10.

Original Title:

After Win 10 install how to connect, install, activate L-R external speakers to desktop PC?

Speakers worked prior to install of 10. Have connected speakers - there power light is on

but no sound. Have been unable to check audio driver or other suggestions received from

this forum...nothing works.

ClairePWN, Jul 11, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

external speakers installation

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

external speakers installation [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

external speakers installation

1. external speakers installation - Similar Threads - external speakers installation

2. external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external speakers: I can't seem to get speakers and headphones hooked up to my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/59887d64-7f11-4071-9a55-158cdeb99c56
  3. External Speakers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers . . .: I have a Dell laptop computer, running Windows 10 Pro . . . I recently bought a pair of, external speakers. They plug, right into the USB port . . . And, the headphone jack. I've had external speakers before, so I knew what to expect. For some reason? The sound level, is...
  4. External Speakers

External Speakers: I have 2 Bose external speakers I was using on my previous computer and they worked. with Windows 10, however, when I connected them to my current computer they don't work. I have been in System/Sound but can't figure out how to identify the speakers. How do I identify...
  5. External Speakers

External Speakers: How do I make external speakers to work? I have plugged in proper input connector but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/4a076370-7b1b-4fa1-a3c2-391bd10c895c
  6. external speaker

external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  7. External speakers not recognized as installed.

External speakers not recognized as installed.: After reinstalling Windows 10 and resetting my computer, it no longer recognizes that external speakers are connected. (I have no internal speakers.) It says, “No audio output device is installed.” None of the supposed solutions posted (e.g., update driver, uninstall &...
  8. installed external speakers on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installed external speakers on pc: I just installed two external speakers on my PC and I cannot get them to work.... I am using windows 10. Please help Thanks much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-external-speakers-on-pc/7d14dc43-8db5-4777-b267-227bc99594e3
  9. external speakers

external speakers: Since not being on the internet for 2 months now my external speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/d42cb650-a438-44e8-99c2-5f64c9a3231f
  10. External Speakers

External Speakers: Just want to mention that I've purchased a pair of Logitech S-150 USB digital speakers at Walmart. The cost was only $10.00. So far, I'm very pleased with their operation. I'm able to hear music with better fidelity and listen to a movie without having to strain to hear the...