Windows 10: External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play...

Discus and support External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 PC has just been upgraded from Version 1709 to 1809. Since the upgrade when I play sound it comes from both my external speakers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Annette., Feb 12, 2020.

1. Annette. Win User

External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play...

Hi, My Windows 10 PC has just been upgraded from Version 1709 to 1809. Since the upgrade when I play sound it comes from both my external speakers and the system speakers.

How do I stop sound from the system speakers when using my external speakers?

I have unplugged them several times, checked for latest drivers which I have, disabled and reenabled, and lots of other things that I've found on the forums but nothing works. The disabled devices are visible and I can't see anything untoward.

If I test my speakers everything comes back OK, which it is - the speakers work fine but the horrible tinny sound from the system speakers detracts completely.

Any help welcome, thanks in advance!

:)

Annette., Feb 12, 2020

2. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Gyruss09 Win User

External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play...

bluetooth external speaker won't play music

hi,

i am having problems connecting my laptop via bluetooth to an external soundbar specifically the LG SJ8.

it pairs and connects, but when i play music, no sound comes out of the external soundbar. the laptop speakers are still the ones being used.

when i try to choose the output device, the soundbar is not listed as an option. only the laptop speakers are listed.

it was working fine before, but i am guessing that as a result of a windows update, something went wrong.

i tried connecting my back-up laptop to the soundbar using bluetooth but i get the same problem.

i have another external speaker, the Bose Mini Soundlink, and for some reason that device connects fine and plays music normally.

would appreciate your help here.

thanks,

mike

Gyruss09, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play... - Similar Threads - External speakers longer

2. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  3. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  4. Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...: [ATTACH] I have a Logitech speaker plugged in into the 3.5mm jack on the back of motherboard (Biostar H410MH), and another headset (MH751) connected to the front 3.5mm jack. Prior to my motherboard upgrade, my pc will detect them as an individual speakers and headset when...
  5. External Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers: I have 2 Bose external speakers I was using on my previous computer and they worked. with Windows 10, however, when I connected them to my current computer they don't work. I have been in System/Sound but can't figure out how to identify the speakers. How do I identify...
  6. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  7. External laptop speakers no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External laptop speakers no longer working.: I am unable to get my external Logitech notebook speakers to work from my laptop. They show up in my Devices and Printers in the Control Panel but I can't make them the default. They worked fine and now they don't. They are plugged in directly to the laptop. I have restarted...
  8. external speakers

external speakers: Since not being on the internet for 2 months now my external speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/d42cb650-a438-44e8-99c2-5f64c9a3231f
  9. External Speakers

External Speakers: Just want to mention that I've purchased a pair of Logitech S-150 USB digital speakers at Walmart. The cost was only $10.00. So far, I'm very pleased with their operation. I'm able to hear music with better fidelity and listen to a movie without having to strain to hear the...
  10. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62