Windows 10: External speakers not being detected but plays anyway with only higher frequencies coming...

Discus and support External speakers not being detected but plays anyway with only higher frequencies coming... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had recently factory reset my PC as I wanted a fresh start. I did so after backing everything up including registry keys. However, after the factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrislobo, Jan 19, 2020.

1. chrislobo Win User

External speakers not being detected but plays anyway with only higher frequencies coming...

I had recently factory reset my PC as I wanted a fresh start. I did so after backing everything up including registry keys. However, after the factory reset, I played music through my external speakers but there seemed to only be the higher frequencies playing and no bass. I tried to see what the issue was and I realized that my PC wasn't detecting the speakers at all, but still playing through them somehow. The issue is not with the speakers as I played music through my phone on the external speakers and it worked just fine. I have troubleshot and followed instructions on this site but the problem can't seem to be fixed. The external speakers only require the 3.55 mm audio jack.

:)

chrislobo, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Gyruss09 Win User
    bluetooth external speaker won't play music

hi,

i am having problems connecting my laptop via bluetooth to an external soundbar specifically the LG SJ8.

it pairs and connects, but when i play music, no sound comes out of the external soundbar. the laptop speakers are still the ones being used.

when i try to choose the output device, the soundbar is not listed as an option. only the laptop speakers are listed.

it was working fine before, but i am guessing that as a result of a windows update, something went wrong.

i tried connecting my back-up laptop to the soundbar using bluetooth but i get the same problem.

i have another external speaker, the Bose Mini Soundlink, and for some reason that device connects fine and plays music normally.

would appreciate your help here.

thanks,

mike

Gyruss09, Jan 19, 2020
  4. External speakers not being detected but plays anyway with only higher frequencies coming...

External speakers are not detected properly

The problem is that they are not detected as a separate audio device, like say a pair of headphones. The speakers have a 3.5 mm headphone jack and use the USB port only for power. When I insert the jack, sound do comes out through them but the system thinks that they are the internal speakers of the laptop. So it uses the same volume level, which for the external speakers is too loud compared to the laptops own speakers. What I want is for the system to see the headphone jack separate from the internal speakers and use different volume levels for the two devices. Such a thing I know is possible because is worked on Windows 8.1.

spiderbest9, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

External speakers not being detected but plays anyway with only higher frequencies coming...

1. External speakers not being detected but plays anyway with only higher frequencies coming... - Similar Threads - External speakers being

2. Unable to play sound through external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play sound through external speaker: Hi, I have a pair of Mackie CR3 speakers that have been working fantastic. However, ever since I bought a new monitor I haven't been able to get sound out of them. I've tried enabling, disabling playback devices, setting as default, uninstalling in device manager and...
  3. Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker: Hello everyone, Yesterday I connected my Windows 10 laptop to Sony Wireless Speaker SRS-XB10 via Bluetooth. However, after disconnecting the speaker, I couldn't get any more audio from my laptop or headphones. So far I have tried to check the sound settings, reinstall the...
  4. Speakers not detected

Speakers not detected: My speakers,in the morning was fine,but now it's gone!It started with the Settings app not opening the sound panel,then the speaker name not appearing in the taskbar volume switch,and now it thinks there is no speaker!The speaker is named High Definition Audio Device and is a...
  5. bluetooth external speaker won't play music

bluetooth external speaker won't play music: hi, i am having problems connecting my laptop via bluetooth to an external soundbar specifically the LG SJ8. it pairs and connects, but when i play music, no sound comes out of the external soundbar. the laptop speakers are still the ones being used. when i try to choose...
  6. No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work): Today when I plugged in my earphones (the apple ones) and there was no audio at all, but somehow it worked totally fine without the earphones. Even realtek detected something when I plugged my earphones, I also went to device manager to check if every driver is updated or not...
  7. Audio only coming out of right speaker

Audio only coming out of right speaker: Hi, I recently bought two Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to connect to my PC. I bought an ONEU super bass AMP to power them as well. When I set up the speakers and connect them to my phone, they sound excellent and both speakers work, however, when I connect them to my PC, only...
  8. CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset?

CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset?: Good morning, I need your assistance. The other day I was in Task Manager and clicked on CPU under the performance tab, the frequency of the CPU increased. The MSI notebook is running fine, but how do I reset set the speed back to where it was? Here is a screen shot taken...
  9. Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games: I made a similar thread earlier but then the PC stopped acting so bad. The only thing I did was use DDU to uninstall nVidia drivers and reinstall an older version. Now I have changed my GPU from nVidia to AMD because of the same problem but the problem still persists. The...
  10. External speakers are not detected properly

External speakers are not detected properly: Hello. I have an Asus UX31LA laptop, on which I just did a fresh install of windows 10. I have all the latest drivers from Asus. The problem is that the external usb speakers are not detected properly. The sound is coming out just fine and the Smart Audio software detects...