Windows 10: External Speakers not Showing up in Playback

Discus and support External Speakers not Showing up in Playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Sony external speaker which works fine with my laptop (Windows 10) when I connect it using Bluetooth. However, I would like to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jickjack1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jickjack1 Win User

External Speakers not Showing up in Playback

Hi,

I have a Sony external speaker which works fine with my laptop (Windows 10) when I connect it using Bluetooth. However, I would like to use the speakers with my 3.5mm male to male jack lead, but when I plug the lead into the headphone socket on my laptop and then the audio in socket on the speaker the laptop speaker cuts out but the sony speaker does not work.

I've checked that the cable works on another item and that the volume of the Sony speaker is not too low. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

jickjack1, Oct 10, 2018

2. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Oct 10, 2018
  3. external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. External Speakers not Showing up in Playback - Similar Threads - External Speakers Showing

2. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  3. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  4. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working: I have a PC with a 1660 Super, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, and it's connect to an Acer KA series monitor with built-in speakers. They've been working fine for about a year but today I tried to use the built-in speakers and they wouldn't work. My headphones still work, but no sound...
  6. Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working: I have a PC with a 1660 Super, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, and it's connect to an Acer KA series monitor with built-in speakers. They've been working fine for about a year but today I tried to use the built-in speakers and they wouldn't work. My headphones still work, but no sound...
  7. Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working

8. Speakers won't show up in playback audio

Speakers won't show up in playback audio: Back story , few days ago i bought a new gaming laptop ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LI-HN279T and it was working fine . My brother borrowed it a yesterday and because got a few softwares like ccleaner and tried to update the drivers . When i got...
  9. External monitor speakers not showing under "playback devices" on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor speakers not showing under "playback devices" on PC: Hi,Using an external Monitor connected to my laptop. In the ;ast week, I noticed the monitor speakers no longer appear as an option under "playback devices" - see below ISST being my laptop speakers and external speakers connected to the headphone port.Any idea how to bring...
  10. Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices

Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices: Can someone please help? I have tried updating the drivers, removing the device and installing them. Nothing works. The bluetooth speaker was working a couple of weeks back and today it stopped showing as an audio device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external speakers not showing under playback