Windows 10: External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2

Discus and support External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Updated to windows 11 2022H2 today 21/9/2022. My external speakers no longer work. Troubleshooting reveals that the system is not recognising them as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IanBancroft, Sep 21, 2022.

1. External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2

Updated to windows 11 2022H2 today 21/9/2022. My external speakers no longer work. Troubleshooting reveals that the system is not recognising them as plugged in. I have Logitec Z120 USB speakers which have no dedicated driver. Device Manager shows no audio output devices. Tried using different USB slots. No change. The help forum for sound problems does not help because before I can configure or reconfigure the sound settiings per the suggestions the system has to first recognise that I have a device connected. So. Can anyone help, or do I wind back the system to 2021H2. Or maybe I should

:)

IanBancroft, Sep 21, 2022

2. External Speaker Is Not Working

I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than
    that.

Abhinaya A, Sep 21, 2022
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Btru_701 Win User

External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2

Issue with External Speakers/sound

I updated Windows 10 today and lost the External speakers and sound on my desktop computer. I have plugged in and unplugged in my external speakers and the computer does not recognize them. Everything was working prior to the Windows 10 update. Any
    suggests on how to fix?

Btru_701, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2

1. External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2 - Similar Threads - External speakers working

2. External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speakers not working after update to win11 2022H2: Updated to windows 11 2022H2 today 21/9/2022. My external speakers no longer work. Troubleshooting reveals that the system is not recognising them as plugged in. I have Logitec Z120 USB speakers which have no dedicated driver. Device Manager shows no audio output devices....
  3. External speakers not working

External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  4. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  5. external speakers not working

external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  6. external speakers not working

external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  7. External Speakers not working after update Windows 10

External Speakers not working after update Windows 10: My external speakers were working fine on my laptop until the latest update. I've rebooted multiple times. The troubleshooter tells me the Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point are missing and there's no Jack?? My speakers are working 100% I've tested them on another...
  8. External Speaker Is Not Working

External Speaker Is Not Working: I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than that....
  9. External Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Speakers not working: Hey there, my work computer is brand new and running windows 10. We previously had XP (I know...) for some reason the speakers will not play music at all. I’ve tried the troubleshooting options and to show disabled/disconnected items on the audio menu but they aren’t even...
  10. External speakers not working

External speakers not working: When I turn on the computer I see a message that states 'audio output device is not installed'. The speakers have been attached to another computer and work fine. They worked fine last week. 96550