Windows 10: external speakers on Dell

Discus and support external speakers on Dell in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external speakers to my Dell computer don't seem to be working. They were purchased only a few months ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abbie1331, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Abbie1331 Win User

external speakers on Dell

My external speakers to my Dell computer don't seem to be working. They were purchased only a few months ago

:)

Abbie1331, Oct 24, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

external speakers on Dell [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Issue Adding External speakers to Dell Inspiration Laptop

Bought AMAZONbasics external speakers Set up appeared very easy plug in USB; plug in 3.5 mm audio cable in Dell. I'm not computer savvy (read senior) but that understood, followed directions, light came on the speakers (as the quick start said they
    would) but I don't have any sound from any speakers.....even when I unplug the new external, no laptop speakers are working.

MaryKukainis, Oct 24, 2020
  4. external speakers on Dell

External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

external speakers on Dell

1. external speakers on Dell - Similar Threads - external speakers Dell

2. external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external speakers: I can't seem to get speakers and headphones hooked up to my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/59887d64-7f11-4071-9a55-158cdeb99c56
  3. external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  4. External Speakers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers . . .: I have a Dell laptop computer, running Windows 10 Pro . . . I recently bought a pair of, external speakers. They plug, right into the USB port . . . And, the headphone jack. I've had external speakers before, so I knew what to expect. For some reason? The sound level, is...
  5. Issue Adding External speakers to Dell Inspiration Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue Adding External speakers to Dell Inspiration Laptop: Bought AMAZONbasics external speakers Set up appeared very easy plug in USB; plug in 3.5 mm audio cable in Dell. I'm not computer savvy read senior but that understood, followed directions, light came on the speakers as the quick start said they would but I don't have any...
  6. External Speakers

External Speakers: I have 2 Bose external speakers I was using on my previous computer and they worked. with Windows 10, however, when I connected them to my current computer they don't work. I have been in System/Sound but can't figure out how to identify the speakers. How do I identify...
  7. External Speakers

External Speakers: How do I make external speakers to work? I have plugged in proper input connector but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/4a076370-7b1b-4fa1-a3c2-391bd10c895c
  8. external speaker

external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  9. external speakers

external speakers: Since not being on the internet for 2 months now my external speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/d42cb650-a438-44e8-99c2-5f64c9a3231f
  10. External Speakers

External Speakers: Just want to mention that I've purchased a pair of Logitech S-150 USB digital speakers at Walmart. The cost was only $10.00. So far, I'm very pleased with their operation. I'm able to hear music with better fidelity and listen to a movie without having to strain to hear the...