Windows 10: External speakers quit working

Discus and support External speakers quit working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Logitech speakers quit making sound again. I've tested the speakers and they work. Yesterday this happened and I followed some instruction from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ecsson+, Dec 25, 2018.

1. ecsson+ Win User

External speakers quit working

My Logitech speakers quit making sound again. I've tested the speakers and they work. Yesterday this happened and I followed some instruction from the internet and opened the Sound window and set Speakers as the default device and they worked again although I don't know what deselected this device. Today it happened again except even with Speakers still set as default there is no sound. When I unplug the speakers (at the Headphone jack) the computer's internal speakers work fine. There were no event windows opened up when this happened. I have tried everything suggested by the trouble shooter and Google searches but nothing helps.

Anyone have an advice?

:)

ecsson+, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Pete3Put Win User

External powered speakers are not working in Windows 10

I updated to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and finally have everything working smoothly. However, a few days ago my external powered speakers quit working. I checked the speakers on another computer and there is no problem with the speakers. I checked the drivers
    for the realtek HD device and the drivers are the most current according to Microsoft and Realtek. I connected other audio devices to the audio out port on my Lenova computer and nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Original title: Realtec Sound card

Pete3Put, Dec 25, 2018
  3. dmkerr Win User
    Lumia 830 Speaker/Ringer not working after update

After installing the latest update (8.10.14219.341) on my Lumia 830, from Rogers in Canada, the speaker isn't working -- that is the external speaker which would normally play sounds when disconnected from a headset, play a ringtone on an incoming call and
    play sound when speakerphone is enabled. I've tried the following:

• checking the volume
    • disabling quite hours
    • plugging-in and unplugging headphones
    • disabling bluetooth
    • finally hard resetting the phone
    Unfortunately, none of these things have worked. Anyone have a similar experience or have any suggestions?

dmkerr, Dec 25, 2018
  4. External speakers quit working

external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

External speakers quit working

1. External speakers quit working - Similar Threads - External speakers quit

2. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  3. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  4. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external speakers not working

external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  6. external speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  7. external speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External Speaker Is Not Working

External Speaker Is Not Working: I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than that....
  9. External Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Speakers not working: Hey there, my work computer is brand new and running windows 10. We previously had XP (I know...) for some reason the speakers will not play music at all. I’ve tried the troubleshooting options and to show disabled/disconnected items on the audio menu but they aren’t even...
  10. External speakers not working

External speakers not working: When I turn on the computer I see a message that states 'audio output device is not installed'. The speakers have been attached to another computer and work fine. They worked fine last week. 96550