Windows 10: EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY?

Discus and support EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased external speakers for my PC desktop. The sound is great and they are actually portable and bluetooth ready. I keep seeing Realtec as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Linda 2019, Dec 19, 2019.

1. EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY?

I just purchased external speakers for my PC desktop. The sound is great and they are actually portable and bluetooth ready.

I keep seeing Realtec as my sound speakers. Do I still need it? or do my external speakers run by themselves. Should I disable Realtec or is running an application? I see both when I view the sound system? I'm a bit confused..Thanks

:)

Linda 2019, Dec 19, 2019

2. EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY?

I just purchased external speakers for my PC desktop. The sound is great and they are actually portable and bluetooth ready.

I keep seeing Realtec as my sound speakers. Do I still need it? or do my external speakers run by themselves. Should I disable Realtec or is running an application? I see both when I view the sound system? I'm a bit confused..Thanks

Linda 2019, Jan 6, 2020
  3. EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY?

Dave

Thanks for the reply. I think understand this a little better now. Its a driver to connect the soundbar to the system. When I open up the sound section there are 4 things listed:

- Intel (R) Display Audio

- Realtec Audio

- SAKOBS Hands Free AG Audio

- SAKOBS Stereo

I can go in there and disable, see properties, drivers etc.

In my settings I even saw "headphones' which I have not connected at all and I disabled that section. I did see a place to "boost bass" and the sounds is quite good for a mini bar.

So am I correct to assume that the computer needs all 4 of the above?

By the way it is labeled as "blue tooth enumerator" since I connected with USB to the computer tower and micro to soundbar.

The only thing I don't hear are the normal sounds that windows made when opening or closing a program or any default. I tried to customize those sounds but it makes too many, so I left it in "windows default" mode since I becomes quite annoying.

Any suggestions, please let me know and thanks again for the reply

Happy Holidays!

Linda 2019, Jan 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY?

Hi Linda

Realtek, is generally the Audio device driver on your PC that allows it to create and send audio, to the speakers you have connected and therefore Realtek should not be uninstalled . . .

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Sound, Video and Audio Controllers section

What devices do you see listed there?

DaveM121, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC NECESSARY? - Similar Threads - EXTERNAL SPEAKERS REALTEC

2. external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external speakers: I can't seem to get speakers and headphones hooked up to my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/59887d64-7f11-4071-9a55-158cdeb99c56
  3. External Speakers

External Speakers: I just purchased a new HP and am using my old monitor which has sub-par speaker volume. I already had relatively new speakers connected to my old PC. The new HP didn't even detect them so I assumed they had somehow corrupted? So...I just received a new pair different brand...
  4. external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  5. External Speakers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers . . .: I have a Dell laptop computer, running Windows 10 Pro . . . I recently bought a pair of, external speakers. They plug, right into the USB port . . . And, the headphone jack. I've had external speakers before, so I knew what to expect. For some reason? The sound level, is...
  6. External Speakers

External Speakers: I have 2 Bose external speakers I was using on my previous computer and they worked. with Windows 10, however, when I connected them to my current computer they don't work. I have been in System/Sound but can't figure out how to identify the speakers. How do I identify...
  7. External Speakers

External Speakers: How do I make external speakers to work? I have plugged in proper input connector but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/4a076370-7b1b-4fa1-a3c2-391bd10c895c
  8. external speaker

external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  9. external speakers

external speakers: Since not being on the internet for 2 months now my external speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/d42cb650-a438-44e8-99c2-5f64c9a3231f
  10. External Speakers

External Speakers: Just want to mention that I've purchased a pair of Logitech S-150 USB digital speakers at Walmart. The cost was only $10.00. So far, I'm very pleased with their operation. I'm able to hear music with better fidelity and listen to a movie without having to strain to hear the...