Windows 10: External Speakers

Discus and support External Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I make external speakers to work? I have plugged in proper input connector but no sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryanMichaud, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

1. External Speakers

How do I make external speakers to work? I have plugged in proper input connector but no sound.

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

External Speakers [​IMG]

3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:09 PM
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

External Speakers

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Thema:

External Speakers

1. External Speakers - Similar Threads - External Speakers

2. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...
  3. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...
  4. external speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  5. Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update": Every time my Windows 10 PC (HP Envy23) updates, my external Bose table top speakers disappear. The PC stops recognizing that there are external speakers plugged in. I wish to share how I solved the problem...... Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound-> Device Manager->...
  6. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?: I have a client that has a PC that the sound emits from the internal speaker. The OS Window 10, PC is a Dell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-speaker-connection-from-internal/159292dd-0f6b-46bf-ad29-bbd51ffd6d37
  7. external pc speakers

external pc speakers: How to connect pc speakers to pc via 'USB audio stereo sound adapter'. What changes must be made to settings & how to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-pc-speakers/a8f8dbff-74ed-45fc-b27e-7b5b553d653d
  8. Unable to play sound through external speaker

Unable to play sound through external speaker: Hi, I have a pair of Mackie CR3 speakers that have been working fantastic. However, ever since I bought a new monitor I haven't been able to get sound out of them. I've tried enabling, disabling playback devices, setting as default, uninstalling in device manager and...
  9. External speakers not recognized as installed.

External speakers not recognized as installed.: After reinstalling Windows 10 and resetting my computer, it no longer recognizes that external speakers are connected. (I have no internal speakers.) It says, “No audio output device is installed.” None of the supposed solutions posted (e.g., update driver, uninstall &...
  10. External Notebook speakers do not work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External Notebook speakers do not work anymore: Since the last update or so to [ATTACH] my external Bose speakers plugged in in the ear phones output in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) do not work anymore. The ear phones do work. I have deinstalled and reinstalled the Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64_A from here...