Windows 10: External Speakers

Discus and support External Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Took my laptop mobile. Returning home my external speakers won't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RicSV, Oct 1, 2019.

1. RicSV Win User

External Speakers

Took my laptop mobile. Returning home my external speakers won't work.

:)

RicSV, Oct 1, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

External Speakers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2019
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

External Speakers

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

External Speakers

1. External Speakers - Similar Threads - External Speakers

2. Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers: I've spent considerable time trying to debug a recurring sound issue on a new HP Windows 10 computer. I have installed the latest audio drivers and even contacted HP but continue to have this problem. Here's the issue. I have external Bose speakers plugged into the audio...
  3. How to connect 2 laptops to 1 wired external speaker and/or how to make hear sound through...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to connect 2 laptops to 1 wired external speaker and/or how to make hear sound through...: I'm gaming on 1 laptop and watching movies on 2nd. submitted by /u/ArcAngel2k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drq8zv/how_to_connect_2_laptops_to_1_wired_external/
  4. Teacher needs help increasing volume on laptop external speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teacher needs help increasing volume on laptop external speakers?: I'm using Logitech external speakers on an MSI laptop running Windows 10. They are not loud enough for the students. I have increased all volumes but still too low. Online it says change 'Enhancements' in settings but I can't find that. Please post help I'm using speakers...
  5. Windows 10 and external speaker issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and external speaker issue: Dear Experts I am using windows 10 on a Dell computer core i5 right now sound is working via built in speakers I want to an use a basic external speaker ,,but I can't make it work Please see attached photos Imgur: The magic of the Internet Thanks 142989
  6. External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update

External speakers/headphones won't work after recent Windows 10 update: I'm running windows 10. I received notification of a system update. Ran the update. Now when I plug in external speakers or headphones, the internal speakers remain active & no sound comes from the external speakers or headphones. I've done the basic troubleshooting...
  7. After the last Windows update, Line In cannot be heard on external speakers

After the last Windows update, Line In cannot be heard on external speakers: After the last Windows update, Line In stopped being heard on external speakers. In the Line In device properties events it shows "Device migrated" at the time I installed the last Windows update, along with "Device configured (audioendpoint.inf)", and "Device started". In...
  8. windows doesnt recognise external speakers 3.5m jack unless started up with it plugged in

windows doesnt recognise external speakers 3.5m jack unless started up with it plugged in: Hi Everyone I have a new PC with Windows 10 pro, i have external speakers that i like to use but if i plug them in after W10 has booted up the jack is not recognised - if i start w10 witht he speakers plugged in the external speakers work fine - how do i get W10 to...
  9. External Speakers

External Speakers: How do I make external speakers to work? I have plugged in proper input connector but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers/4a076370-7b1b-4fa1-a3c2-391bd10c895c
  10. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...