Windows 10: External Speakers

Discus and support External Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a new HP and am using my old monitor which has sub-par speaker volume. I already had relatively new speakers connected to my old PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SherylTrout, Dec 1, 2020.

1. External Speakers

I just purchased a new HP and am using my old monitor which has sub-par speaker volume. I already had relatively new speakers connected to my old PC. The new HP didn't even detect them so I assumed they had somehow corrupted? So...I just received a new pair different brand and they aren't being detected either! The audio DOES work on my moniter so it doesn't seem to be an audio problem. Any clue as to why they aren't working? Probably threw away perfectly good ones :

:)

SherylTrout, Dec 1, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

External Speakers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 1, 2020
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

External Speakers

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

External Speakers

1. External Speakers - Similar Threads - External Speakers

2. Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected: I am using a docked laptop for my setup. When I plug the laptop into the dock, it does not always send audio to the speakers at first, usually either through its internal speakers or the monitor’s speakers which I have disabled. I want to set it up so that it will...
  3. External Speakers

External Speakers: I have one of two Bose speakers connected to my laptop, but can't find a way to direct the sound through the speaker. When I set the speaker settings for Speakers High Definition Audio Device, the sound test plays the sound through the laptop speakers. What am I doing...
  4. external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  5. Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?: I have just purcahsed some Edifier s880db speakers for my computer windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. They connect via bluetooth currently but can also connect via USB. When I plug my headphones into the AUX output of the laptop, the music continues to come from the speakers....
  6. no audio to external speaker

no audio to external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-to-external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  7. Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...

Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...: My surface pro had been bugging me about doing this update so today I updated my computer. It had two external monitors and external speakers that ran out of the docking station. No it doesn't see any of those devices. They aren't listed in the device manager. There or no...
  8. external speakers on Dell

external speakers on Dell: My external speakers to my Dell computer don't seem to be working. They were purchased only a few months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-on-dell/2961effc-72dc-4901-a970-89eab06b7784
  9. I can't hear from my internal or external speaker in my laptop

I can't hear from my internal or external speaker in my laptop: I am not able to listen from internal or external speakers. I am facing this issue after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-from-my-internal-or-external-speaker/d5f9d447-cf15-4098-8a63-63ef8fff9a0f
  10. External Speakers not working after update Windows 10

External Speakers not working after update Windows 10: My external speakers were working fine on my laptop until the latest update. I've rebooted multiple times. The troubleshooter tells me the Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point are missing and there's no Jack?? My speakers are working 100% I've tested them on another...