Windows 10: External Speakers

Discus and support External Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have one of two Bose speakers connected to my laptop, but can't find a way to direct the sound through the speaker. When I set the speaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaywwf, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Kaywwf Win User

External Speakers

I have one of two Bose speakers connected to my laptop, but can't find a way to direct the sound through the speaker.

When I set the speaker settings for Speakers High Definition Audio Device, the sound test plays the sound through the laptop speakers.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Kaywwf, Dec 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

External Speakers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 20, 2020
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

External Speakers

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

External Speakers

1. External Speakers - Similar Threads - External Speakers

2. External speaker popping in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speaker popping in Win 11: I just got a new MSI laptop Stealth 16 with Win 11, and have since day 1 experienced frequent popping in my external speakers. My previous mac had no such popping, using the same speakers.The popping seems to occur only when no or low audio is playing. For example if I have...
  3. External speaker popping in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speaker popping in Win 11: I just got a new MSI laptop Stealth 16 with Win 11, and have since day 1 experienced frequent popping in my external speakers. My previous mac had no such popping, using the same speakers.The popping seems to occur only when no or low audio is playing. For example if I have...
  4. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?: left speaker of my windows pc is not working.Is that an external speaker?. Dell speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-speaker-of-my-windows-pc-is-not-working/825896f8-9888-4ea0-8adc-dc5ac0397747
  5. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?: left speaker of my windows pc is not working.Is that an external speaker?. Dell speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-speaker-of-my-windows-pc-is-not-working/825896f8-9888-4ea0-8adc-dc5ac0397747
  6. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  8. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  9. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  10. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...