Windows 10: External SSD Drives

Discus and support External SSD Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; W-10 No Longer Recognizes External SSD Drives on Dell XPS. HP Pavilion does with no problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beauchamp43, Feb 29, 2020.

1. External SSD Drives

W-10 No Longer Recognizes External SSD Drives on Dell XPS. HP Pavilion does with no problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Drivers.

:)

beauchamp43, Feb 29, 2020

2. Is there can a external ssd drive be used as the main OS drive?

Hi Robert,

We don't recommend using an external SSD as the main OS drive. You can use an external SSD as the main OS drive, but you need to configure the BIOS of your computer for it to boot the OS from the external SSD. We suggest contacting your computer manufacturer
    for assistance on configuring the BIOS of your computer.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Feb 29, 2020
  3. SSD external drive

My external ssd device connected to my hp laptop. Device Manager shows ssd in Disk Device but not on system directory....no external drive label

PhilipLaw3, Feb 29, 2020
  4. External SSD Drives

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

External SSD Drives

1. External SSD Drives - Similar Threads - External SSD Drives

2. External USB-SSD drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB-SSD drive not accessible: Hi,I have an SSD disk 2.5" size. I have been using it as an external harddrive for a while. There are important data on it.I have not been using it for a while, After latest access to that SSD I have reinstalled my OS to my computer, I am not sure if this is related to my...
  3. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external SSD USB drive: hello community; I have a NEW Dell desktop PC, my OS is windows 10 pro. I have an SSD USB external drive for my backup PC generated important files. Recently when I was about to access the external drive an error box opened in the bottom right corner of my screen which reads...
  4. external SSD USB drive

external SSD USB drive: hello community; I have a NEW Dell desktop PC, my OS is windows 10 pro. I have an SSD USB external drive for my backup PC generated important files. Recently when I was about to access the external drive an error box opened in the bottom right corner of my screen which reads...
  5. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Verbatim SSD External drive not recognized

Verbatim SSD External drive not recognized: I have a Verbatim Vx500 external drive that worked fine with Windows 10. But when I plug it in after upgrading to Windows 11 it usually shows as Drive d: in "My Devices and Drives", but greyed out, and when I try to access it says "Please insert a disc in drive d:". Also it...
  7. Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised: Hi,I'm having issues with Windows 10 recognising my Samsung SSD T7 External SSD.My Linux PC and Android device are both able to recognise it. I have tried repartitioning on my linux machine with Fat32 and NTFS, but to no avail. Windows 10 version: 21H2The device is not...
  8. Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised

Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised: Hi,I'm having issues with Windows 10 recognising my Samsung SSD T7 External SSD.My Linux PC and Android device are both able to recognise it. I have tried repartitioning on my linux machine with Fat32 and NTFS, but to no avail. Windows 10 version: 21H2The device is not...
  9. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  10. SSD external drive

SSD external drive: My external ssd device connected to my hp laptop. Device Manager shows ssd in Disk Device but not on system directory....no external drive label https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-external-drive/3df1d677-63b9-4b76-9ac3-0d0f2f7b15fc