Windows 10: External SSD loads/mounts and then immediately unloads/unmounts

Discus and support External SSD loads/mounts and then immediately unloads/unmounts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm desperately trying to mount an SSD plugged into an external enclosure on my laptop, but every time I try, it loads (4 partitions), then immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thenin, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Thenin Win User

External SSD loads/mounts and then immediately unloads/unmounts

I'm desperately trying to mount an SSD plugged into an external enclosure on my laptop, but every time I try, it loads (4 partitions), then immediately unmounts. No error message is given -- all I see is basically "has been loaded" followed by "has been unloaded".

I know the SSD is at least reasonably good (based on SMART testing), but I want to run disk check on it to be sure. And it mounts acceptably on my desktop, where it's the system disk for 64-bit Win 10 Pro (1903). The problem there is that it runs unacceptably slow, so slow that chkdsk never really gets started (and all other apps run slow, too). Thus my need to mount it on my laptop. The external enclosure is rock solid -- the best I've ever had.

What's going on and how can I fix it?

:)

Thenin, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 shutdown doesn't unmount despite......

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• How exactly you are trying to unmount the drive. Is it through Command prompt or from Disk management?

• What exactly happens when you try to unmount?

• Did you receive any error message while trying to unmount?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Please close all the Windows before trying the steps.

• Open Disk management.

• Right-click the mounted drive that you want to remove, and then click
      Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Remove, and then click Yes.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 27, 2019
  3. BBVR Win User
    USB SSD keeps unmounting when putting laptop to sleep

I have a bus-powered external USB hd (WD MyPassport Ultra) that does not unmount when putting the computer to sleep.

My external SSD however, is still unmounting when putting the laptop to sleep.

Windows 10 apparently does not know how to properly deal with external SSDs?

My external SSD is a Samsung T3 512GB

4. BBVR Win User

USB SSD keeps unmounting when putting laptop to sleep

I have a Samsung SSD T3 connected via USB (3.0) to my Win10 Dell XPS 15.

Whenever the laptop goes to sleep the SSD unmounts and is not available when I wake the laptop up again.

What is required to keep the USB SSD Drive always mounted?

Thema:

1. External SSD loads/mounts and then immediately unloads/unmounts - Similar Threads - External SSD loads

2. USB wifi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wifi adapter mounting/unmounting: I'm having issue with my adapter it will notify me that it's connected and I will be connected to the internet as well. However, it keeps mounting and unmounting deliberately and connection is not stable. My PC only getting small amount of mb connection. What to do?...
  3. USB wifi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB wifi adapter mounting/unmounting: I'm having issue with my adapter it will notify me that it's connected and I will be connected to the internet as well. However, it keeps mounting and unmounting deliberately and connection is not stable. My PC only getting small amount of mb connection. What to do?...
  4. USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting: Hi all, The problem I'm encountering is my Wifi adapter isn't connecting to the internet reliably. It started happening out of nowhere. I bought a new one but still the same issue - every couple of minutes the computer makes the "chime" as if I'm plugging and unplugging the...
  5. USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting: Hi all, The problem I'm encountering is my Wifi adapter isn't connecting to the internet reliably. It started happening out of nowhere. I bought a new one but still the same issue - every couple of minutes the computer makes the "chime" as if I'm plugging and unplugging the...
  6. USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. My desktop shortcurts point to D:\myPortableProgsPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  8. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. So many of my desktop shortcurts point to D:\myAppPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  9. Trouble mounting/unmounting external HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble mounting/unmounting external HD: I have an external HD that I can mount and access okay, but after some amount of time something goes wrong with it to where I can access folders but they are all listed as empty, and attempting to unmount brings up a windows screen saying the drive is being used by a program....
  10. Mount- and unmount a volume and a formatting question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mount- and unmount a volume and a formatting question: A while back I mounted a partition as a folder to a drive (disk managment) All fine. I have a question regarding formatting. I would like to format the parent drive (the drive to which the partition is mounted as a NTFS folder) Q: what happens when I format that drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 external usb hdd mounts immediately unmounts

2. windows ssd mounts and unmounts