Windows 10: External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

Discus and support External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.I've noticed that issue with two systems already : my laptop and surface pro tablet.Directly after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my external SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Novistador, Jun 28, 2022.

1. External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

Hi.I've noticed that issue with two systems already : my laptop and surface pro tablet.Directly after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my external SSD Samsung T5 500 GB takes too long to show up about 20 seconds or more. Sometime it takes really a long time and returns “The semaphore timeout period has expired.”The external SSD was showing up instantly using Windows 10.Thanks.

:)

Novistador, Jun 28, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

downgrade win 11 to win 10

I just reran the Media Creation Tool that I just downloaded a few minutes ago. It took less than three minutes to create the ISO file on my medium powered computer with NVMe SSD and 500 Mbps internet connection. Maybe try restarting your computer and downloading a fresh Media Creation Tool? Make sure to note where the ISO file is stored at the last step:

External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 [​IMG]

External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2022
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jun 28, 2022
  4. External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

1. External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 - Similar Threads - External SSD takes

2. UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?: SO I JUST BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP WITH AN WINDOWS 10 PREOFESSIONNEL LICENCE OEM: DMACTIVATEDI WANNA UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 MY LAPTOP IS COMPATIBLE BUT DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW LICENCE AND THE KEY TO ACTIVATE WIN 11 AFTER THE UPGRADE ?...
  3. Upgrade to win 11 stuck for way too long…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to win 11 stuck for way too long…: So I finally did the update from windows 10 to 11, it downloaded fine I was prompted to restart the laptop to finish installing, when it restarted I had the progress bar gradually go up to 100 in a relatively quick time. Now the problem arises, it has been steady on the all...
  4. Upgrade to win 11 stuck for way too long…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to win 11 stuck for way too long…: So I finally did the update from windows 10 to 11, it downloaded fine I was prompted to restart the laptop to finish installing, when it restarted I had the progress bar gradually go up to 100 in a relatively quick time. Now the problem arises, it has been steady on the all...
  5. Upgrade to win 11 stuck for way too long…

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD takes too long 20s+ to show up, after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11: Hi.I've noticed that issue with two systems already : my laptop and surface pro tablet.Directly after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my external SSD Samsung T5 500 GB takes too long to show up about 20 seconds or more. Sometime it takes really a long time and returns “The...
  7. Upgrade from win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from win 10 to Win 11: Hi, I have Win 10 pro installed. If I upgrade to Win 11 from setting > Win update Will I get Windows 11 PRO or Win 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/25e6153e-07b8-47e4-b6bc-e11eeed86b46
  8. Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!: Hi, my PC (win10-1909) takes between 15 and 20 seconds to wake up after sitting idle for a while. I have to hit the space bar several times until something happens. My wife's PC, same win10 version, wakes up after about 2 seconds. Any advice where to start looking? Thanks, Ed...
  9. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  10. Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset: Hi, folks. Everytime I press the rest button in my case and Windows (is supposed to) load, after Windows 10 icon, it gets black. Once it got black for a looong time and I had nothing more to do than reset settings. So, I lost all my applications register (I'm having to...