Windows 10: External Storage Issue

Discus and support External Storage Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to resolve an issue whereby I can't retrieve information backed up in a HP SimpleSave external hard drive since installing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bankerr, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Bankerr Win User

External Storage Issue

Does anyone know how to resolve an issue whereby I can't retrieve information backed up in a HP SimpleSave external hard drive since installing the latest Windows 10 updates? Please note I asked this question a number of months ago but took ill and was not able to follow up. Many thanks,

:)

Bankerr, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

HELP!!! External Drive issues!!

you're in luck, the guy with way too much external storage is here to the rescue!

step 1: try with a different USB cable

step 2: take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it internally to your PC

quite likely the cable or enclosure has died. if you're re-initialising the disk you might actually be erasing it... so dont do that.

Mussels, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Update Assistant does not detect External Storage Device

I am currently facing an issue with the update assistant. The problem comes from the prompt as seen from this webpage

Free up space for Windows 10 updates

The issue is in "Step 2: Connect an external storage device". It says to
    "Connect your external storage device and wait until you see it in the drop-down list" but the external storage device already connected to my device (and shows up on My PC) is not shown on the drop down list. Can you help?

External Storage Issue c6321704-8541-466f-88a9-ab5e75fbdf04?upload=true.png

Haziq Jamaludin, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

External Storage Issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

External Storage Issue

1. External Storage Issue - Similar Threads - External Storage Issue

2. external storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  3. external storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  4. external storage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. External storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage: Connected an external storage device but no wav files are being shown for my music media. Drive is being recognised but no files found. Help?***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***...
  6. EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING: I got this message after connecting an external hard disk to my PC. Initially, I got missing drivers message after troubleshooting and the system got a driver update done after restarting but now getting this error.Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0711\000000123AD0 had a problem...
  7. EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING: I got this message after connecting an external hard disk to my PC. Initially, I got missing drivers message after troubleshooting and the system got a driver update done after restarting but now getting this error.Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0711\000000123AD0 had a problem...
  8. Scanning External Storage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanning External Storage: How do I scan a flash drive for viruses? Or any external storage device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scanning-external-storage/8fd8c5f9-5e26-4cad-9daa-f1dc88318022
  9. External Storage Dynamicinvalid

External Storage Dynamicinvalid: Hi, One of my external storage HDD is showing a dynamic invalid in Check Disk. And I can't access the data. I am able to convert it into basic but data will be loss. I want to know how can I take backup of Dynamic invalid disk. Thank you...
  10. Storage external HD

Storage external HD: I downloaded the window10 installation disk in my Hard Disk-external, thereafter I could not see my other files on the drive and the display size of the disk is showing 40GB, the Original size of the disk is 1TB. How could I reover my HD? I have delated downloaded window 10...