Windows 10: external usb cd/dvd not working in window 10

Discus and support external usb cd/dvd not working in window 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has drove me crazy! none of the googled fixes work: Ive tried the registry fixes, ive tried the device manager delete and re install etc. none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamHince, Sep 30, 2020.

1. external usb cd/dvd not working in window 10

This has drove me crazy!

none of the googled fixes work:

Ive tried the registry fixes, ive tried the device manager delete and re install etc. none work

ive added the registery with command prompt nothing!

There are no IDE entries to delete on my surface

the drive just spins, never shows up in explorer. in device manager it occasionally shows up in the million different ways ive tried to fix it but when clicked on ofter says its not plugged in when it is

i have got it to appear then a disk goes in and it goes again never to be seen

Microsoft surface pro running latest windows 10.

I have a important proffesional software to install and it has to be done from the the cd due to permissions on it. i tored using a spare computer and networking the usb drive though another laptop which it works on fine.

sorted it out microsoft zero excuses it may be back to mac!

:)

WilliamHince, Sep 30, 2020
  2. PCJim(2) Win User

USB connections non-responsive...printers & external DVD-CD drive

I cannot get either of two printers connected via usb to respond. Also, a usb connected external DVD-CD drive is non-responsive. When I check the device manager the DVD-CD drive is not listed, and the printers have updated drivers as do the usb controllers.
    This problem-a-day since upgrading to Windows 10 is getting pretty old!

PCJim(2), Sep 30, 2020
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

external usb cd/dvd not working in window 10

Driver for USB CS/DVD burner

Hi Peter,

For better assistance in checking the compatibility of your external USB CD/DVD burner with Windows 10, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of the burner.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

external usb cd/dvd not working in window 10

1. external usb cd/dvd not working in window 10 - Similar Threads - external usb dvd

2. External CD/DVD drive isn't working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD drive isn't working,: I bought a external CD/DVD drive but is not working, it is not recognized properly. When I unplugged appear and disappear the connexion constantly, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-drive-isnt-working/b26e02a8-c7c1-4ec4-bf49-9f01eb5ddbbc
  3. External CD/DVD drive isn't working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD drive isn't working,: I bought a external CD/DVD drive but is not working, it is not recognized properly. When I unplugged appear and disappear the connexion constantly, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-drive-isnt-working/b26e02a8-c7c1-4ec4-bf49-9f01eb5ddbbc
  4. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  5. External cd/dvd writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  6. External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.: I bought a USB 3.0 Portable Optical Slim CD/DVD Burner Player RW Drive. It's from Mekkoz. I bought it on Amazon. It's plug & play. That part works, but it won't recognize any media, even with discs I know works in other devices. The driver is up to date supposedly. It also...
  7. CD/DVD external drive

CD/DVD external drive: When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?...
  8. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020
  9. External CD/DVD drive is not working.

External CD/DVD drive is not working.: Hi, my external drive isn't working. I am trying to import a CD onto my laptop so that I can add it to my iPod via iTunes. I have read the answer to a very similar question where they went onto device manager, so I did. It said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
  10. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...