Windows 10: External USB drive wont mount

Discus and support External USB drive wont mount in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1909 OS18363.720 My 16tb glyph drive is formated for Exfat and all partitions mount on Mac laptop BUT on my windows 10 PC I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jonathanposell, Mar 18, 2020.

1. External USB drive wont mount

Windows 10 Version 1909 OS18363.720

My 16tb glyph drive is formated for Exfat and all partitions mount on Mac laptop BUT on my windows 10 PC I only see 2 partitions of 16 and I am not able to ifx in disk manager or by scanning the disks.

I read that this Windows Version 1909 may be at fault. Any way to mount this drive?

:)

jonathanposell, Mar 18, 2020

2. Drive not mounted

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that WD passport and
    Seagate Free Agent Goflex Desk drive not mounted in the event window. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• As you are able to find the drivers in device manager, are you able to find the drivers in Disk management also?
    Please refer the suggestions given by
    Imran Chand in the below link and check if that helps.

External HDD will not mount on one machine

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Mar 18, 2020
  3. WMead2 Win User
    Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly

Have been using Win 10 several months with good success. System set up with two 2TB external USB3 drives. Recently upgraded to 1903. Now one of the drives mounts normally, and the other doesn't. The troublesome drive shows up in the USB connections list
    with the correct device name, but the secondary description is missing. The drive does not show up in the Disk Management window. Tried reformatting the drive that won't mount, using a Win 7 machine. Drive works perfectly there, but even after reformatting,
    it still isn't recognized by win 10 after the upgrade. Need help!

WMead2, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

External USB drive wont mount

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

External USB drive wont mount

1. External USB drive wont mount - Similar Threads - External USB drive

2. External USB drives cannot be mounted in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB drives cannot be mounted in Windows 10: My installation of Windows 10 is no longer able to mount partitions on external USB hard disks. The drives are recognized, they show up in the Device Manager, but the file system NTFS is not recognized and not mounted. In Disk Management, the partition is shown as healthy...
  3. External USB drives cannot be mounted in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB drives cannot be mounted in Windows 10: My installation of Windows 10 is no longer able to mount partitions on external USB hard disks. The drives are recognized, they show up in the Device Manager, but the file system NTFS is not recognized and not mounted. In Disk Management, the partition is shown as healthy...
  4. External USB drives cannot be mounted in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  6. USB external drives not mounting

USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  7. USB Flash Drives not mounting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drives not mounting.: USB Flash Drives are being assigned drive letters but not mounting and can't be seen in Windows File Explorer. Here is log for the drive.Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/ConfigurationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 8/10/2021 11:33:56 AM Event ID: 442 Task...
  8. Can't mount external hard drive

Can't mount external hard drive: An external USB hard drive has been used for a number of years to regularly archive data on a Linux Debian system. The latest attempt to archive data gave the following error :- mount /media/backup mount : can't find UUID=0688802088800FFB Why does this error occur and how...
  9. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. So many of my desktop shortcurts point to D:\myAppPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  10. External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost: How do you find an external hard drive after you change the drive letter and path in disk management? I need to find this in order to recover a very important file. When I plug in the external hard drive now, it does not show up in This PC. When I try to scan with Recuva,...