Windows 10: External USB hard disk keep waking up since upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support External USB hard disk keep waking up since upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an external hard disk connected via USB. The disk has a built in feature that put it to sleep after 10 minutes if it was not accessed. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amirn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. amirn Win User

External USB hard disk keep waking up since upgrading to windows 10

Hi,
    I have an external hard disk connected via USB. The disk has a built in feature that put it to sleep after 10 minutes if it was not accessed.
    While I was using windows 7, the only times the disk was waking up were when I was accessing it, however since I've upgraded to windows 10, the disk keeps waking up many times a day either while I'm using the computer or away from it.

Is there a way to know what is waking up the disk?
    Are there any services or scheduled tasks I should disable to avoid waking it up?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1909

Thanks.

:)

amirn, Jan 29, 2020
  2. michael Win User

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Jan 29, 2020
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 29, 2020
  4. External USB hard disk keep waking up since upgrading to windows 10

How do I Upgrade windows 10 TO November on a USB External Hard Disk 250GB

How do I Upgrade windows 10 TO November on a USB External Hard Disk 250GB

I presently have Windows 10 installed on a 250GB External Hard Drive with a USB connection.

The new November Windows 10 Upgrade refuses to install as it tells me that it will not install on a USB drive. How do I overcome this problem. I have tried several methods but they all fail.

Can you help me please?

DonaldHargreaves, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

External USB hard disk keep waking up since upgrading to windows 10

1. External USB hard disk keep waking up since upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - External USB hard

2. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  3. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  4. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  5. Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason: So to make this easy on everyone, I removed the drive letter to my hard drive.And it still spins up for no reason.Gigabyte Aurora Elite Intel 10th gen.All Microsoft drivers as far as storage goes.. Why???...
  6. External Hard disk not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard disk not showing up: I've 4tb seagate backup plus hard disk which has 2 partitions out of which one partition with 2tb is bitlocker protected. I've initiated removal of encryption of that 2 tb hard disk but it stuck at 46% and after that disk is ejected automatically. Now I'm not able to see...
  7. usb external hard disk not showing connected in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb external hard disk not showing connected in windows 10: usb external hard disk not showing connected in windows 10. After attaching USB external harddisk to windows 10 laptop, i dont see any drive content....
  8. seagate external hard disk not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    seagate external hard disk not showing up: Hi, Device manager indicates Unknown USB Device device descriptor request failed, Under Mass Storage - Properties - Error Code 45 Other HD and SDs are working good. Can someone help...............................
  9. USB External Hard drive keeps restarting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB External Hard drive keeps restarting on Windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 on Virtualbox, hosted on my Mac. I finally got it to read my flash drive so I moved on to my external hard drive. When I plug it into my usb drive, it just keeps turning on and off and then on and off and it just keeps going like that. I have set...
  10. external hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28