Windows 10: external usb hard disk, not being recognized by backup and restore in win 10 pro

Discus and support external usb hard disk, not being recognized by backup and restore in win 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a seagate goflex 1TB external drive and I have had this issue upgrading from win 7 to win 10 however i am still using win 10 and have joined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raymond Blake, Dec 20, 2019.

1. external usb hard disk, not being recognized by backup and restore in win 10 pro

I have a seagate goflex 1TB external drive and I have had this issue upgrading from win 7 to win 10

however i am still using win 10 and have joined the insider program and am running a pre release copy of the latest version of windows, and I am now experiencing the same issue. i cannot remember the remedy method I used to solve the issue but I tried everything I can imagine along with the suggestions through Community this time and am lost

the go-flex worked fine until the swap to the pre release

can It be that the copy that I am using will not allow it or is it another issue ?

:)

Raymond Blake, Dec 20, 2019

2. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Dec 20, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Dec 20, 2019
  4. brianVen Win User

external usb hard disk, not being recognized by backup and restore in win 10 pro

Windows 10 does not recognize external USB disk

Me too. I'm using Win 10 home 64 bit with USB 2 ports. My new USB 3 external hard drive can not be formatted using disk management. The device manager does see the external hard disk.

The external hard disk performs, and can be formatted normally on a Win 7 computer. I would appreciate some insight or at least tell me it's a known bug.

brianVen, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

external usb hard disk, not being recognized by backup and restore in win 10 pro

1. external usb hard disk, not being recognized by backup and restore in win 10 pro - Similar Threads - external usb hard

2. External hard drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive not being recognized: MYBook external hard drive is not being recognized by my PC. What can I do? The power light is on but nothing comes up and I can't open it up to see data. I have tried numerous things....full of memories and pictures. Please help...
  3. External hard drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive not being recognized: MYBook external hard drive is not being recognized by my PC. What can I do? The power light is on but nothing comes up and I can't open it up to see data. I have tried numerous things....full of memories and pictures. Please help...
  4. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  5. Win 10 2004 External Hard disk not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 External Hard disk not recognized: Last week I got windows update to 2004 version. It showed up as optional update so i updated it. Everything was running OK, so i thought to keep the update. I realized yesterday that my external hard disk was not being recognized by windows anymore. I have an WD Easystore...
  6. External hard disk is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard disk is not recognized?: Is recognized but not displayed in the This PC! Externe Festplatte wird nicht erkannt?
  7. Hard disk drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk drive not recognized in Win 10: Hi I have two hard drives one sony and a toshiba. Both these drives have stopped working since yesterday. I can't see usb mass storage driver in disk management. I tried installing it manually but couldn't....
  8. USB not recognizing external hard drive

USB not recognizing external hard drive: Brand new laptop does not give connecting sound when usb drive is plugged in. Drive works on older computer and usb port on new computer works with other peripherals. Restarted with drive already plugged in and there was no new hardware found. Device Manager shows no...
  9. USB 3.0 Seagate SATA External Hard Drive Not Recognized Win. 10

USB 3.0 Seagate SATA External Hard Drive Not Recognized Win. 10: I recently purchased a Seagate Momentus 5400.6 hard drive and a Sabrent USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive flat docking station to connect via usb to my Dell XPS L702x laptop. Upon putting the hard drive in the external enclosure and connecting to my laptop via usb my computer is not...
  10. Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD

Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD: Win 10 no longer recognizes the external 2TB Fantom Drive for backup. 1. Uninstalled the drive using device manager. Cold booted. 2. Plugged in the HD (external power and 3.0 USB connection) 3. Does it's set up thing. Then there is a ! on the USB attached SCSI Mass...