Windows 10: external USB hub not working property

Discus and support external USB hub not working property in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a keyboard and mouse that share a single USB receiver. I also have a webcam and microphone sharing a single USB cable. I have a 2-port USB KVM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by King Coffee, Sep 2, 2021.

1. external USB hub not working property

I have a keyboard and mouse that share a single USB receiver. I also have a webcam and microphone sharing a single USB cable. I have a 2-port USB KVM switch with audio TK-209K. If I plug the the webcam/microphone cable directly into one of the USB port on the computer, both video and audio work fine. But went I plug the webcam/microphone cable into one of the ports on the KVM switch the keyboard, mouse and webcam works but not the microphone. If I switch the KVM to my second computer Win 10 Pro, the malfunction is on my Win 10 Home, everything works. It appears windows 10 is not properl

:)

King Coffee, Sep 2, 2021

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Western Digital external USB drive not working -- recently

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to fix USB Root Hub in your device:

• Go to Device Manager, expand USB Serial Bus Controllers.
    • Right-click on USB Root Hub and click Properties.
    • Click on the Power Management tab, and uncheck the option that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
    • If there are more than one USB Root Hub listed, you'll need to perform the same way with every entry.
    • Click OK and restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

external USB hub not working property

USB Hub

Hi,

This might be a power setting or driver issue. As an initial workaround, we suggest updating the USB driver and see if it helps. If updating did not work, try rolling the driver back to its previous version before this issue occurred. Follow the steps on
    how to roll back driver:

• On the Search bar or Cortana search, then type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the Human Interface Devices to expand it.
    • Click the driver corresponding to the USB hub that has problem, right-click on it then select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver button to roll back driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

external USB hub not working property

1. external USB hub not working property - Similar Threads - external USB hub

2. Rear USB Hubs not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rear USB Hubs not working: Just cleaned my computer by using the PC panel cover to blow dust out and was planning a clean install, But after I started the computer with the mouse, keyboard, etc. plugged in, It didn't boot up and when I removed the mouse, keyboard, etc. from the rear USB hubs which I...
  3. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  4. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  5. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  7. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  8. USB Hub not working

9. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Hub not working: I have a new computer and a USB hub I used with my old computer is not being recognized not is any peripherals. I have done all the troubleshooting online with no success any suggestions?...
  10. mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.: I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three items plus the...