Windows 10: External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some problems with my Asus X555L when using external keyboards. Anytime I plug a usb keyboard, I can't hold more than one key at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eric Neubauer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop

Hi, I'm having some problems with my Asus X555L when using external keyboards.

Anytime I plug a usb keyboard, I can't hold more than one key at a time. If I press a second key while holding the first, the keyboard starts spamming the respective keys. I can't, for instance, hold shift and type capital letters without problems. This just happens with external keyboards (more than one model used), the native one works fine. I've reinstalled all the keyboard drivers (including the native keyboard), tested the keyboards on other devices (they work fine), checked and cleaned virus from the laptop, but I still have this problem.

The keyboards are generic usb keyboards with no custom drivers (all using the windows standard driver).

Someone have an idea of why this is happening?

:)

Eric Neubauer, Oct 18, 2018

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

The fact this is a new build and they have never worked properly suggests a driver problem and not hardware.

Are these wired or wireless? If wireless, one or two dongles?

In any case, the drivers typically are only needed to enable the special features of the keyboard and mouse. All keyboards and mice should work with basic functions without any special drivers installed - and Windows should already know how to make them work using its own native basic drivers. I suspecting this is a USB issue and I would start by ensuring you have them connected in the designated ports pointed out by silentbogo. That should NOT matter - but with this being a brand new build, it might.

Bill_Bright, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Vanion Win User

External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Ok, thanks ill check out how i installed them on my motherboard. Im in the device managed right now and for my mouse it reads
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{operation failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful"

I tried to plug in my ethernet cable as well to try to go online to get driver updates but the light is glowing yellow/orange rather than green and it also has the same message as my mouse in the device manager.

oh and both the keyboard and mouse are wired

I have the legacy usb support enabled in bios and i have my mouse plugged into the usb 2.0 (im using my PS keyboard atm just so i can control the comp so my usb keyboard isnt connected) but the mouse is still not working when i am running windows.

Vanion, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop

1. External USB Keyboard don't work properly - Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - External USB Keyboard

2. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  3. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  4. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop keyboard backspace not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard backspace not working properly: Hi, My computer recently randomly decided to start bugging out. One day, I was typing on Google Docs when my computer started deleting random words as if I was pressing the backspace key which I wasn't. I did some more investigation and could not find the problem. I reset my...
  6. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate: I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard A4Tech will stop working. The External USB Mouse works fine but not the keyboard and I can replicate this issue every time I put the...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  9. External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together

External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together: So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2. PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't...
  10. Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10

Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10: Suddenly laptop's keyboard started behaving weirdly, the top line of alphabets (q,w,e,r,t etc) is not working properly. Sometimes I have to press key many times to print a character , and sometimes I press it once and it prints letter 2 or 3 times, and shift + those buttons...