Windows 10: external usb microphone

Discus and support external usb microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use an external usb microphone with my windows 10? I have an audio technica mic, that isn't being recognized when I try to access it through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarenBordowitz, Apr 30, 2020.

1. external usb microphone

Can I use an external usb microphone with my windows 10? I have an audio technica mic, that isn't being recognized when I try to access it through sound settings. I've updated my drivers. Is this a known problem?

Thanks for answering my question.

Caren

:)

CarenBordowitz, Apr 30, 2020

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Apr 30, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

external usb microphone

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

external usb microphone

1. external usb microphone - Similar Threads - external usb microphone

2. USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone: I have set up the microphone which works fine on Audacity.How do I setup to use in all parts of computer.Speakers/skype ect.And how to keep same microphone voice for always. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone/21514ff9-7a02-48c2-9662-105b79d8ff30
  3. USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone: I have set up the microphone which works fine on Audacity.How do I setup to use in all parts of computer.Speakers/skype ect.And how to keep same microphone voice for always. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone/21514ff9-7a02-48c2-9662-105b79d8ff30
  4. Recent Realtek update stopped by external USB microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Realtek update stopped by external USB microphone: External microphone definitely works and all the privacy settings are fine. Laptop recognizes the microphone but no sound! I think its being overridden by something. Dell Inspiron Latitude 7420Realtek 6.0.9057.1Microphone in question is the FIFINE....
  5. External Microphone issue

External Microphone issue: Hello, I can't use my extranal wire mirophone. I used it in my laptop. but Now i can't use it in my laptop. I checked everything. Now I am using windows 11 but before that I have been facing same issue. I have done my all update. When I connect wireless headphone then I can...
  6. External Microphone Not Working

External Microphone Not Working: I plug in my usb external microphone/headset to make a call with Google Voice. I then unplug the headset to join a Zoom call. I get a message through Zoom that I am not connected to audio. I plug the external usb headset in and Zoom does not recognize audio. The only way for...
  7. External Microphone Issues

External Microphone Issues: I have an external mic that, on my new computer, will not work no matter what I've tried. First I tried using the auxiliary jack to find out it was only output, so to remedy that I tried every video and post I could find on how to override that. I have installed and...
  8. External Microphones Not Working

External Microphones Not Working: Windows 10 Home Lenovo S740 Issue: External microphones not working Built-in mic is working fine, but once I switch to a headset either bluetooth or 3.5mm wired, microphone does not pick up anything. I've checked the privacy settings, and mic is enabled. Volume for...
  9. EXTERNAL MICROPHONE

EXTERNAL MICROPHONE: Hi there i bought an external microphone a BOYA BY-M1 and i can not make it work. it just does not register on my computer at all when i connect it to my jack the mic is a 3.5 mm connector.ive uninstalled my realtek audio it didnt show on my computer that i had a HD audio...
  10. external microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    external microphone: i've found hard installing external microphone to my laptop, anybody can help me on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-microphone/2e8b6278-a99b-496d-8003-f92d90222ddb