Windows 10: External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.

Discus and support External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]My external usb mouse has stopped working suddenly, even after reinstalling all the drivers again the issue has appeared for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShivanshuDhawan, Jun 17, 2020.

1. External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.

External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly. 964dafcd-a1ed-4fe5-aa0d-46107ff81261?upload=true.png External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly. 0a65d757-ab90-40a7-afb7-65501e596372?upload=true.png External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly. a7d60882-9e95-4e3e-8bf4-ca9d3f70023e?upload=true.png My external usb mouse has stopped working suddenly, even after reinstalling all the drivers again the issue has appeared for the 2nd time. All recent updates are uninstalled, still the issue is persisting. The mouse is working completely fine with other machines. I've tried all the ports still its not working.

:)

ShivanshuDhawan, Jun 17, 2020
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jun 17, 2020
  4. External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.

keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.

1. External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly. - Similar Threads - External usb Mouse

2. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse: I have a one-handed keyboard and a mouse for gaming, both connected by USB, both are plug-in-and-use devices with no additional drivers or anything that need installing. I updated to windows 11 about a month ago, I have used the mouse and keyboard without issue after the...
  5. Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse: I have a one-handed keyboard and a mouse for gaming, both connected by USB, both are plug-in-and-use devices with no additional drivers or anything that need installing. I updated to windows 11 about a month ago, I have used the mouse and keyboard without issue after the...
  6. USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized: Well, It's dj vu all over again (Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!), except this time my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly while working at my desktop PC, not after a boot up. (I'm now working from my laptop.) To summarize: I've tried switching...
  7. USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10

USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS-15 9550 Windows 10 Laptop. For some reason it stopped recognizing USB Mouse and or keyboard. However it does recognize USB connected hard drives using the same USB ports. 1. Installed latest Microsoft updates - no go 2.Installed latest drivers. - no go...
  8. Logitech 102 light sync mouse being recognized as a keyboard and mouse

Logitech 102 light sync mouse being recognized as a keyboard and mouse: My mouse is being recognized as keyboard and mouse. I tried uninstalling all drivers mouse and keyboard but still nothing happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-102-light-sync-mouse-being-recognized-as/cb67416c-3be3-427c-b082-a74f7111f129
  9. External monitor not being recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor not being recognized: Hi guys, I have an HP 8570w elitebook Win10 with a Nvidia K2000M graphics card. For years my Philips 274E 27'' monitor was working just fine. Since a month ago, I have no idea what happened but my monitor is not recognized. When I plug the display adapter, sometimes it works...
  10. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...