Windows 10: External USB soundcard not working

Discus and support External USB soundcard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I made some cable management inside of my computer and rearranged my cables. After I powered my pc and from then I have a problem with my external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanAndrei, Sep 14, 2021.

1. DanAndrei Win User

External USB soundcard not working

Hi,I made some cable management inside of my computer and rearranged my cables. After I powered my pc and from then I have a problem with my external soundcard. When it works rare, it works till I pause the music and after I resume or close the music app, it has no sound. I tried every USB front USBs and back and still nothing, uninstalled the soundcard driver and reinstalled it, verified the soundcard on a different computer and it works, unplugged the cable and restarted the pc, updated the driver to the latest version, troubleshooting and it worked till I paused or closed the music.I wa

:)

DanAndrei, Sep 14, 2021

2. USB SoundCard

Hey there!

I've got an issue.

I adquired a virtual sound card 7.1, and everything was ok.

Yesterday I left my laptop in 'sleep mode', and when I turned it on today, the shit hit the fan...

I connected my Speakers and when I played a YouTube video, it didn't sound.

Decided to disconnect and connect again, but nothing worked.

So I put the max level not only in YouTube, but in the Speakers (Through the USB Soundcard), and I could barely hear what it said.

I decided to check the properties and stuff like that, and everything was OK. So I don't know if it may be an issue of the soundcard or an issue of the laptop drivers or something like that...

And btw, I decided to plug the USB soundcard in another laptop, and it happened the same.

I know it may be that the error is on the USB soundcard, but...is there any other way to check it, or fix it?

As an extra fact, yesterday I decided to plug and speaker that is powered by USB, does that matter?

Thanks in advance.

Johann_Rose, Sep 14, 2021
  3. eekfu Win User
    No sound in external soundcard

Also, another thing to mention, if I am connected to the soundcard, and I play a song on spotify, it just "plays" each song in the list for a split second, with no sound of course, and stops eventually, saying it couldn't play the songs.

eekfu, Sep 14, 2021
  4. External USB soundcard not working

Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine.

But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound.

KarineKala, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

External USB soundcard not working

1. External USB soundcard not working - Similar Threads - External USB soundcard

2. computer's soundcard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer's soundcard: I cannot reinstall computer's soundcard as default for System-Sounds-Outtput. Error message says, "no output device found." Device manager says soundcard is working ok. MS Help tried to reinstall the driver but apologized for not being able to solve problem. Help?...
  3. computer's soundcard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer's soundcard: I cannot reinstall computer's soundcard as default for System-Sounds-Outtput. Error message says, "no output device found." Device manager says soundcard is working ok. MS Help tried to reinstall the driver but apologized for not being able to solve problem. Help?...
  4. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  5. Soundcard driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Soundcard driver: Hello there. Before I start typing something I want to tell you something important - I am beginner in English, so please don't care about it. If you want, you can predict me! Some time ago something weird happens with my notebook. I leave it on my desk, and when I get back,...
  6. External soundcard not recognized after updates

External soundcard not recognized after updates: Hello everyone, I'm completely helpless now and I've tried almost anything. What should I do? I have an aqprox external soundcard (jack/usb), and it worked perfectly fine until today. Now all I get when I plug it in is: "Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  7. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10: When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine. But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound....
  8. Can´t get USB soundcard to work with updated USB Audio Codec

Can´t get USB soundcard to work with updated USB Audio Codec: Hi, I have three computers using Windows 10 Pro. My USB soundcard does not work with my two computers having USB Audio Codec version 10.0.17134.1 dated 11.4.2018. But it works fine on my third computer having an older version dated 27.7.2017. Is there a way to downgrade...
  9. Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard.

Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard.: I have an ASUS VS248 Monitor that seems to be producing a faint beeping sound in my headphones when I have the monitor turned on. When I turn the monitor (only) off, the beeping mostly stops. So I'm fairly sure it's got something to do with interference from the monitor....
  10. SoundCard Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    SoundCard Issues: now if I can only get my sound to work as it does with Windows 8.1 I'll be fine with otherwise I'm still trying to find answers on to get my 7.1 to work. I do get 2.0 but that does not cut it as I like the 7.1 sound I get from my computer Installing the soundcard it just...