Windows 10: External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does

Discus and support External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated wifi card does, even though it has a much lower range! It makes absolutely no sense,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steffan, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Steffan Win User

External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does

External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated wifi card does, even though it has a much lower range! It makes absolutely no sense, why wouldn;t the stronger antenna list this netowrk? I really need to connect to it in order to use the internet properly...

I tried disabling and uninstalling the internal Intel N-1000 WiFi card, and nothing changes...

:)

Steffan, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Steffan Win User

USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it

I have a USB wifi antenna which is much stronger and in the menu in the lower right I dont get to choose a network which is much closer than the one which it does actually connect to, BUT the integrated wifi card in the laptop sees at the lowest signal strength and even connects to it. I didn't choose to forget that network in order not to see it in the list for the USB wifi adapter... What could be causing this problem?

Steffan, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Steffan Win User
    USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it

You typed Home, but I didnt pay attention. I downloaded it and here are the resuts:

External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does [​IMG]
    1st one is Intel
    2nd is the USB antenna:

External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does [​IMG]

Steffan, Sep 29, 2018
  4. CJLim Win User

Signal Boost/External Antenna

A antenna positioned high enough could possibly work but is hardly practical because your phone has to be physically connected to a cable for you to use the external antenna.

The more practical solution would be to switch to a network with better coverage in your area, as suggested by Psycho earlier.

CJLim, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

1. External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does - Similar Threads - External USB WiFi

2. Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna: I built a PC yesterday and all was going well until I was trying to set up Windows and it wasn’t recognizing any of the WiFi hardware. As a result I can’t connect to WiFi.I have two different ASUS WiFi antenna that I’ve tried to use with my PC and neither has shown up on...
  3. Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna: I built a PC yesterday and all was going well until I was trying to set up Windows and it wasn’t recognizing any of the WiFi hardware. As a result I can’t connect to WiFi.I have two different ASUS WiFi antenna that I’ve tried to use with my PC and neither has shown up on...
  4. External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.: I've recently bought this external bluetooth dongle for my pc so that i can use the calls feature in phone link. At first it gave me the option to connect my phone, but suddenly i says "This feture doesn't work on your PC" "Your PC needs Bluetooth for the calling feature to...
  5. External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.: I've recently bought this external bluetooth dongle for my pc so that i can use the calls feature in phone link. At first it gave me the option to connect my phone, but suddenly i says "This feture doesn't work on your PC" "Your PC needs Bluetooth for the calling feature to...
  6. HELP! Best replacement for USB 300Mbps Wifi Antenna

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! Best replacement for USB 300Mbps Wifi Antenna: HELP! Best replacement for USB 300Mbps Wifi Antenna Wireless LAN Internet Adapter 802.11 n/g/b Network. I'm using Windows 10 Pro on a Dell 9020 MT Optiplex Desktop PC with no built in WiFi. I've been using a USB 300Mbps Wifi Antenna Wireless LAN Internet Adapter 802.11...
  7. Do USB WiFi adapters supplement or replace existing WiFi antenna?

Do USB WiFi adapters supplement or replace existing WiFi antenna?: When using a laptop the internal antenna can only receive the WiFi signal that exists in that air space where it is located so it seems to me that plugging in a USB WiFi adapter into the laptop cannot increase the WiFi performance and yet that is the reason they are sold. Is...
  8. Snip off WiFi antenna?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snip off WiFi antenna?: So have been repairing a few old laptops and one I stupidly put a screw through the antenna to the WiFi card when putting it back together. Replacing the antennae is too much trouble (having taken the screen off to look). So am going to get a usb WiFi dongle instead. But not...
  9. USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it

USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it: I have a USB wifi antenna which is much stronger and in the menu in the lower right I dont get to choose a network which is much closer than the one which it does actually connect to, BUT the integrated wifi card in the laptop sees at the lowest signal strength and even...
  10. Wifi Antenna Question

Wifi Antenna Question: I have purchased a new ac router and a new ac pci-e network card (Asus). My setup before this purchase was this, pci-e 802.11n with two antenna connectors. Each connector has a 30 ft Wifi extension cable leading to two simple yagi antennas mounted outside. This has been...