Windows 10: external usbs listed twice

Discus and support external usbs listed twice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; External usb sticks or drives list twice in the file-manager. Tried the advice in this text. It lasted only until my last update. Then it was back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam2fish, Jan 31, 2016.

1. sam2fish Win User

external usbs listed twice

External usb sticks or drives list twice in the file-manager.

Tried the advice in this text. It lasted only until my last update. Then it was back to dual entries again.

Would like a permanent solution. Maybe a .reg?

:)

sam2fish, Jan 31, 2016

2. USB Listed twice in Windows 10 Explorer

I still think you might not be looking at the right path in the registry, because the duplicate drives issue is related to those keys mentioned above.

Did you try the .REG file I linked to? That will make the registry modification for you and if it works, then for sure you were looking in the wrong place.

RobertJWin, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Aksa8 Win User
    USB Listed twice in Windows 10 Explorer

Thanks.

Only the path \Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders can't be seen.

AKS

Aksa8, Jan 31, 2016
  4. davehc Win User

Thanks. I think I would prefer to live with the double entry, rather than mess for temporary fix with the registry

davehc, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 31, 2016
  6. sam2fish Win User
    sam2fish, Feb 1, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. external usbs listed twice - Similar Threads - external usbs listed

2. External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro: I bought a new computer old one died. I also bought a 2-bay drive I want to put my 2 hard drives into as extra storage and backup. However, the first drive I put into the bay is listed twice in Windows Explorer. How can I eliminate one of these listings? Thank you....
  3. External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro: I bought a new computer old one died. I also bought a 2-bay drive I want to put my 2 hard drives into as extra storage and backup. However, the first drive I put into the bay is listed twice in Windows Explorer. How can I eliminate one of these listings? Thank you....
  4. External Hard Drive Failure - Twice!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Failure - Twice!: Does anyone have any insights about how a Windows 10 Surface laptop could be corrupting external hard drives?My external hard drive recently became corrupted and I assumed that it was the hard drive because it was a couple of years old.But having bought a new external hard...
  5. External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...: External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of...
  6. External disk appearing twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk appearing twice in Explorer: Hope someone can help me. I have 2 external disks - labelled M & N which I use for backups. When they are connected however, they appear twice in Explorer Attachment 240106 This is very confusing especially as they are listed so close to each other - as N can appear above...
  7. External disk appearing twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External disk appearing twice in Explorer: Hope someone can help me. I have 2 external disks - labelled M & N which I use for backups. When they are connected however, they appear twice in Explorer Attachment 240106 This is very confusing especially as they are listed so close to each other - as N can appear above...
  8. Disk Management has drive listed twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management has drive listed twice: How do I remove Disk 0 Partition 3 [img] 127718
  9. Disk Management has drive listed twice

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Management has drive listed twice: How do I remove Disk 0 Partition 3 [img] 127718
  10. Boot partition listed twice in boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot partition listed twice in boot menu: I have windows 7, 8 and 10 dual boot. I decided to set 7 as the boot drive after having 10 and when I did, the boot menu and MSConfig both list 7 twice on the same partition and I cannot find Boot.ini. How do I get rid of the second listing of 7 in the boot menu? [img]...