Windows 10: External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power

Discus and support External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external webcam, brand new, that is receiving power from as indicated from the red power led on it but when I plug it in, Windows does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swittmann, Jul 16, 2020.

1. swittmann Win User

External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power

I have an external webcam, brand new, that is receiving power from as indicated from the red power led on it but when I plug it in, Windows does not detect that anything was connected. No sound effect, doesn't show up in devices so I can't "update the drivers", internet webcam testers don't work, the camera app on windows says no camera detected, nothing. I've already tried restarting, unplugging and plugging back in, different USB ports, and even checked Windows defender which is my only antivirus. Would like some help to see if their is something I haven't tried. Please don't suggest a different USB port.

:)

swittmann, Jul 16, 2020
  2. TobiaF Win User

Windows 10 doesn't detect my built-in webcam

So, I installed Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and I've been unable to use my webcam ever since. I've taken a look at my device manager, but the webcam (it's a BisonCam NB Pro, by the way) isn't listed. I've even tried showing hidden devices, but there's
    no webcam detected. There aren't "other devices" listed either. I've tried downloading the drivers for that model, but they too are unable to fine my built-in webcam. Any suggestions?

TobiaF, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Webcam not being detected

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop which is running Windows 10.

Starting a few days ago, the built-in webcam that comes with the laptop stopped working completely. Programs like Skype, TestWebCam, and others fail to detect the webcam.

External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power DY6aP.png

I have tried all the steps from Dell's official troubleshooting guide:

1. Updating drivers for the Integrated Webcam in Device Manager gave the
      message "The best drivers for your device are already installed."
    2. Uninstalling the drivers for the Integrated Webcam.
    3. Updating to the latest BIOS A12 had no effect.
    4. Updating to the latest Chipset 16.400.3601 also had no effect.
    5. Dell's PC Diagnostics more than 1 hour scan didn't find any webcam related issues.
    6. Access to the camera is enabled in Windows 10's privacy settings.

Nathan Avery, Jul 16, 2020
  4. External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power

Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power

1. External webcam not detected by Windows but receiving power - Similar Threads - External webcam detected

2. MSI webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI webcam not detected: I have an MSI laptop. After a recent update, my webcam is no longer detected.I checked the settings, and access to the webcam is enabled.Pressing F6 doesn't change anything, it only briefly flashes a symbol which looks to me like a locked camera?I can't find the device in the...
  3. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  4. External webcam speakers not detected in output sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External webcam speakers not detected in output sound: I've got a Toshiba laptop it's a older version all the drivers are up to date as I have checked from the manufacturer website. I've got a Logitech c920 external webcam everything is fine except it does not show up in playback sound does not show up in output sound does not...
  5. Windows cannot detect webcam.

Windows cannot detect webcam.: I have scanned for the webcam - no detectionIt is not listed in devicesI have updated security results, I have unblocked virus protection, I have updated optional drivers. The camera is not detected.Currently I have no idea what happened with my camera, but it looks like it's...
  6. Webcam not detected

Webcam not detected: Hi, I bought a Krom Kam, a PnP webcam and when I plug it in my computer it doesn't show up any notification popup saying that is connected. I went to device manager it didn't show up as well even with "Show up hidden devices" and also tried to search devices and dindi't...
  7. External webcam

External webcam: How can I set up an external webcam on Windows 10 when its set up disc does not include Windows 10. The webcam is an ALBA M6607M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-webcam/d7eb55ca-f0f4-4bdd-a83b-b5475e8330b1
  8. PC not detecting a webcam

PC not detecting a webcam: The webcam in question is the "Hama spy protect HD" which I need for Zoom. The PC doesn't even recognise when the camera is plugged in but it does get power because the light on it shines. I've tried some of the more common solutions but none of them work, I also tried the...
  9. Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam: Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it. Microphone is working just fine as always. Device Name - Lenovo 80D OS - Windows 10 latest build...
  10. External Webcam

External Webcam: I connected an external webcam and the camera app recognizes it but no other apps, such as Facebook and OBS Open Broadcast Software recognize it. I have tried two different webcams, both new. I have windows 10. home....