Windows 10: External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites

Discus and support External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Envy desktop-Windows 10-new Logitech external webcam. both internal and external webcams are recognized and have latest drivers in Device Manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamesfulton2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites

HP Envy desktop-Windows 10-new Logitech external webcam. both internal and external webcams are recognized and have latest drivers in Device Manager, and both work. With Skype both cams work. With other websites, only internal cam works, though the Adobe permission screen shows both, it you choose external cam, nothing!

:)

jamesfulton2, Oct 10, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 10, 2019
  4. beau Win User

External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

Thema:

External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites

1. External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites - Similar Threads - External webcam recognized

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device: Using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge with win 10My banks websites I've been using and accessing for 4 years on this same PC suddenly stopped recognizing my device about one month ago. I have to verify the login every tine and on all banks, PayPal or any other financial service....
  4. Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device

Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device: Using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge with win 10My banks websites I've been using and accessing for 4 years on this same PC suddenly stopped recognizing my device about one month ago. I have to verify the login every tine and on all banks, PayPal or any other financial service....
  5. Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  7. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  8. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. No webcam in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  10. Bank Website Does Not Recognize Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bank Website Does Not Recognize Device: Using Chrome with win 10 My bank website I've been using and accessing for 3 years on this same PC suddenly stopped recognizing my device about 4 months ago. I have to get an access pin text to finish logging in. I spoke at length to the bank tech and we could not find...