Windows 10: External Webcam

Discus and support External Webcam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I connected an external webcam and the camera app recognizes it but no other apps, such as Facebook and OBS Open Broadcast Software recognize it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wdirwin, May 30, 2020.

1. wdirwin Win User

External Webcam

I connected an external webcam and the camera app recognizes it but no other apps, such as Facebook and OBS Open Broadcast Software recognize it. I have tried two different webcams, both new. I have windows 10. home.

:)

wdirwin, May 30, 2020

2. Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam.

Hi Escribano - Jose Angel,

You cannot use the integrated webcam as well as the external webcam at the same time and there is no option in Windows to toggle between them.

So, in order for you to use the external webcam for both Windows Hello and other purposes, then you need to disable the internal webcam from
    Device Manager as you have described in your post.

I suggest you to post your feedback in Feedback Hub
    as our developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your experience in using the webcam.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

External Webcam

Webcam not working

Hi,

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

External Webcam

1. External Webcam - Similar Threads - External Webcam

2. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10: I have an HP Spectre running Windows 10. I have added an external camera logitech 930c. I wish to disable the internal camera and set this external camera as the default on start up for facial recognition. I successfully disabled the internal camera. I found the Logitech 930c...
  3. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10: I have an HP Spectre running Windows 10. I have added an external camera logitech 930c. I wish to disable the internal camera and set this external camera as the default on start up for facial recognition. I successfully disabled the internal camera. I found the Logitech 930c...
  4. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hello, i wanted to change my exposure on my external webcam via the windows provided tools...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello, i wanted to change my exposure on my external webcam via the windows provided tools...: like i said wanted to change the exposure and it didn't let me. can you help me please? FYI I'm on Win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-wanted-to-change-my-exposure-on-my/24328d41-3e39-4801-b9e5-32120c66b0f0
  6. hello, i wanted to change my exposure on my external webcam via the windows provided tools...

hello, i wanted to change my exposure on my external webcam via the windows provided tools...: like i said wanted to change the exposure and it didn't let me. can you help me please? FYI I'm on Win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-wanted-to-change-my-exposure-on-my/24328d41-3e39-4801-b9e5-32120c66b0f0
  7. hello, i wanted to change my exposure on my external webcam via the windows provided tools...

8. Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam: I have to open the lid of my laptop every time I sign in using Windows Hello. It appears that this issue is several years old and Microsoft has not still fixed it?...
  9. Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam

Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam: I have to open the lid of my laptop every time I sign in using Windows Hello. It appears that this issue is several years old and Microsoft has not still fixed it?...
  10. Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue

Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue: I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop, which has Intel HD Graphics 3000 built-in card and Core I7 Intel processor.I recently bought external Lenovo FHD 300 webcam. When I connect to the USB port, it is getting recognized and driver is automatically getting installed in Windows...