Windows 10: Extra Audio Drivers

Discus and support Extra Audio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason, I have tons of audio drivers installed on my PC, as shown in the second picture. However, in the Device Manager, it only shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dantheman2, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Extra Audio Drivers

Hi,
    For some reason, I have tons of audio drivers installed on my PC, as shown in the second picture. However, in the Device Manager, it only shows 2, and in the Playback Devices, none even with the Disabled and Disconnected Devices boxes checked. This happened after I couldn't hear the audio for a game, and a forum said to update the audio drivers. I still can't hear the audio in the game, and now can't hear anthing and can't use my mic. Any advice?

:)

dantheman2, Jun 26, 2016
  2. Fred_944 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

Figured it- it was an extra audio driver. I uninstalled it and the update worked.

Fred_944, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Why the Realtek audio driver suite is marked as an update, even if it is not currently installed?

Hi Annu and thank you for your reply.

> As you are saying that you have not installed these driver even though you got the update

The drivers for the Realtek audio device had been installed during the installation of the operating system. No other software, including 3rd party graphical user interfaces for audio device configuration, had been installed by the Windows installation wizzard.

The item that appears as an "optional update" of the Realtek audio drivers, apart from the updated drivers, also installs additional software for the configuration of the audio devices.

The fact that a new entry is listed under 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features' after the installation of this "optional update" and also the fact that this extra software can be uninstalled without removing the audio driver files or affecting
    the functionality of the Realtek audio devices in Windows should be proof that the "optional update" of the Realtek audio driver installs new software and should not be marked as an update or at least should inform the user about that.

In other words, the "optional update" of the Realtek audio driver, apart from the updated audio driver files, it also installs extra software. The user has no information about this and the fact that this software is marked as an update is a little confusing.

> Also as mentioned in the above post how to hide the optional updates, you could try that one.

Actually, I would have hidden the update if I had the information that it would install extra software before I actually apply it into the system.

Kind Regards,

George

George Notaras, Jun 26, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Extra Audio Drivers

Only third picture and fact that you don't have sound are curious. Check if Audio service is running first. Secondly I would uninstall Realtek and webcam drivers and install new ones from manufacturers site.

CountMike, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Extra Audio Drivers

1. Extra Audio Drivers - Similar Threads - Extra Audio Drivers

2. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems: When I booted up my pc, there's no audio. Realtek Drivers were missing in device manager as well. I also noticed that when I shut down my pc, my fans are still spinning until I press and hold my power button. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  3. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems: When I booted up my pc, there's no audio. Realtek Drivers were missing in device manager as well. I also noticed that when I shut down my pc, my fans are still spinning until I press and hold my power button. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  4. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Driver

Audio Driver: Guys i need help with audio driverSoundMax is not working i am on windows 10Please Someone helphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFz9WXBD9p7amctOCyozq_jSyc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver/c7e7cb95-cf8c-4470-ab2a-0b24f4b988f1
  6. Audio Drivers

Audio Drivers: Hi,My audio drivers have completely swiped from my pc. im not sure how but they have. if someone could help me fix it that would be great.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-drivers/1919b944-78b6-4377-98ea-5b0c949c1552
  7. audio driver

audio driver: when i use the headphone it doesn't work till i restart the laptop and if i removed the headphone from the jack it stops again till i restart again is there a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver/252f805b-0e7c-4ffe-ad1f-578f908e984a
  8. audio driver

audio driver: no audio output device installed shown. but I install Realtek audio driver, but it shown cross sign in the sound option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver/31afe864-1efc-4b12-b408-a145b01afe0a
  9. Windows Audio Control Extra Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audio Control Extra Box: So when I restarted my computer that runs Windows 10 and tried to use volume controls on my keyboard, the control box changed to this. [ATTACH] Before it was only the left slider without the chrome box. Is it possible to get rid of the right box?...
  10. Windows Media Player not showing extra audio tracks

Windows Media Player not showing extra audio tracks: Hello Microsoft, I got a number of mp4/avi files used for karaoke purposes. Before upgrading to Windows 10, all these files show 2 audio tracks, so that I can change between the singer's voice or no voice so that I can sing at it. After upgrading Windows 10, for some...