Windows 10: Extra character now inserted after KB500802

Discus and support Extra character now inserted after KB500802 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the upgrade KB500802 every time I enter data into a field, an excel cell or a browser search a "-" gets inserted as the first character. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eddie Maguire, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Extra character now inserted after KB500802

After the upgrade KB500802 every time I enter data into a field, an excel cell or a browser search a "-" gets inserted as the first character. It's driving me nuts - any ideas?

:)

Eddie Maguire, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard inserting extra characters

Hi,

Thank you for replying with the status of this issue.

I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Does the issue occur with all the characters or particular key?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue occur?

• Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select
    Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

If the issue still exists, try contacting the Microsoft Hardware support as detailed in the following link.

Microsoft Hardware: Contact Us

Let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help you.

Have a great day.

Arul_D, Mar 20, 2021
  3. JeanWall Win User
    How do I use or find Help for using Character Map?

My question on Character Map has not been answered. I have followed every suggestion and I still cannot get the character to insert into the word. I click Select and Copy; I put the curser into the word, but the character will not insert. There must be
    a step between Copy and to insert that is missing for me.

Jean

JeanWall, Mar 20, 2021
  4. JohnHaber Win User

Extra character now inserted after KB500802

Extra characters in dictionary app

I have a program I've been using a long time, through various versions of Windows (but not Windows 8, which I never used). It's Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (much faster and more easily searchable or browsable than online dictionaries).

In installing it on my new computer, with Windows 10, the menu bar looks fine, my word entry in the top search bar looks fine, and the word list in response in a left-hand column looks fine. However, in the main screen, with dictionary entries and definitions,
    many such show extra characters. It's always the same extra characters: a ligature of a capital A and E. If I'm not mistaken, it also shows only when an entry is two words (such as "Ferris wheel"). The extra characters then appear twice, although, oddly enough,
    not in a consistent position such as surrounding the word space or at the end of words.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, after living with it for a couple of weeks. No use. Any ideas? It can't depend on a truly bizarre font, I imagine, as it's an old and thus not so sophisticated program and always used to work.

JohnHaber, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Extra character now inserted after KB500802

1. Extra character now inserted after KB500802 - Similar Threads - Extra character inserted

2. i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters: despite having num lock enabled, pressing "alt" "+" and then the code does nothingfor example, U+203D is one of the characters I have triedit seems that the functionality for pressing "+" whilst entering strings when holding "alt" is completely missingunrelated, but i'm...
  3. i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters: despite having num lock enabled, pressing "alt" "+" and then the code does nothingfor example, U+203D is one of the characters I have triedit seems that the functionality for pressing "+" whilst entering strings when holding "alt" is completely missingunrelated, but i'm...
  4. i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. KB500802 and KB5001567 Updates - Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB500802 and KB5001567 Updates - Printing Issues: Right click option to print not working. Printouts are cut off, only 2 inchesto the right of the printout comes out. This was caused by KB5000802, tested by removing the update and itworks. Tested, KB5000802 installed and then installed KB5001567 supposedfix for KB5000802....
  6. Pin Automatically Adds Extra Characters and Then Doesn't - Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Automatically Adds Extra Characters and Then Doesn't - Virus?: My laptop has been hacked two times already. I am assuming it has happened again I was foolish to make my administrator's account pin the same as the user's. Today, first I went into my administrator account, using the pin, and then switched back to my user account. I...
  7. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to insert text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  8. Inserted an SD and this is now showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inserted an SD and this is now showing up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShroomDispencer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g33ntu/inserted_an_sd_and_this_is_now_showing_up/
  9. Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update.: I have a Razer Cynosa Chroma keyboard, and when attempting to type a 1 or 8 on the numpad, it types '18' or very rarely '81' instead. I've already tried reinstalling drivers, changing the usb port, checking for macros enabled, turning on and off numlock, basically everything...
  10. Extra characters when typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra characters when typing: When I type a word in a text app like Mail, every word is preceded with an extra character, usually a lower case m. 144560