Windows 10: Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

Discus and support Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TcatHF, Aug 9, 2022.

1. TcatHF Win User

Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no permissions tab.I can right click and format the drive, it's size is 100Mb, it does not appear in DISKMGMT and I don't know how to get rid of it.Is there a registry key that can cause this?

:)

TcatHF, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

Extra USB Drives Listed

Bear in mind, if they are Card Reader slots and you remove the Drive letters then insert an SD Card, it won't show up in File Explorer!

Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Extra Drive Appearing in Explorer

Hi Davian,

I realize that you noticed an extra partition in file explorer in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting, let us know the below information.

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Did you check whether any device is connected to USB drive?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system and what is the make and model of your system?

This issue might occur if the system is infected by virus or due to some software/hardware conflict.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to follow the link below and
    run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Also, check and let us know whether the partition appears in Safe Mode with Networking.

Refer to the article below on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 and check if tin helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

1. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared - Similar Threads - Extra Disk Drives

2. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared: I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no...
  3. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared: I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no...
  4. Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.

Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.: Hello Community! My laptop has 1 SSD Window is installed in it and 1 HDD For all of the storage. A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, my HDD didn't appear on This PC. I tried unchecking and rechecking the Sata 1, 2 & 3 from BIOS but nothing works. When unchecked, the...
  5. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  6. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  7. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

8. Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission.: I am getting an extra hard drive storage folder, which was not there before, with the name "SYSTEM_DRV E" It's 256 MB. its shows 205 MB free of 256 MB it was not there before. when I am trying to access it. it says "you don't currently have permission to access this folder"...
  9. extra drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra drives: extra drives showing when I double click my computer I have tried this NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows 10, you may notice that the drive icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove...
  10. Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar: My taskbar has suddenly lost all the hard drive icons that normally appear in the "My PC" section. I have the Start icon on the left, my application icons and the clock. Missing are "My PC" and the Notification tray. How do I get my taskbar back to normal? No amount of...