Windows 10: Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager

Discus and support Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so i have a extra Disk and Ethernet tab in my Task Manager always at 0, i was wondering how it might have appeared there and how i might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vellaura, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Vellaura Win User

Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager

Hey guys, so i have a extra Disk and Ethernet tab in my Task Manager always at 0, i was wondering how it might have appeared there and how i might be able to remove it, it wasn't on my task manager until recently. Thank you.
    Imgur

Disk Management: Imgur

:)

Vellaura, Dec 14, 2017

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Dec 14, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Dec 14, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Hymm, Virtual Machine would be why most likely. Your Machine, you installed something on it that created those two. Look in Device Manager. Disk Management only shows you any partitions that are active.

bro67, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Vellaura,
    Extra Ethernet - you probably have 2 ethernet adapters installed. Take a look in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > Change Adapter Settings. You can right click on the one your not using and disable it, then it won't show in task manager.

Eagle51, Dec 14, 2017
  6. Vellaura Win User
    This worked EZPZ! thanks mate, but i'm still not sure what to do about the 2nd hard drive :/

Vellaura, Dec 15, 2017
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Vellaura,
    Looking at your Disk Management, I'm guessing you have 2 physical HDDs and that Disk 0 has 931GB of unallocated space. You can use Disk Management to create a New Volume and assign it a Drive Letter. Then it will show in File Explorer and Task Manager Disk 0 (XExtra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager :) where X is the Drive Letter. You can then use it for whatever you want.

See this link and scroll down to Create a New Volume - How to Manage Partitions on Windows Without Downloading Any Other Software

Note: I'm not sure why it has 500MB System Reserved on it, but leave that be for now.

Eagle51, Dec 15, 2017
  8. Vellaura Win User

Oh, i thought i had disabled that Hard Drive as i was having issues with it, i put my OS on their and my PC would crash a lot, so i put it on the Hard Drive i'm currently using. Is there anyway to format/disconnect it and move that system reserved to the Hard Drive im using now?

Vellaura, Dec 15, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    K, I see now ... that system reserved partition contains the boot configuration files for you system, don't mess with it right now or your system won't boot. You need to get the boot configuration files moved to your C: drive ... Once that's done, then you can decide what to do with that Disk 0 HDD (ie. Format and Test it or replace it)

It's an old thread, but see the following thread as that person had the same issue. Read the whole post, but the info your looking for starts at post #3.

Moving System Reserved partition to a different drive | [image] Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Eagle51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Extra Disk Ethernet

2. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  3. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  4. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk utilization 100% in Task manager

Disk utilization 100% in Task manager: My laptop shows 100% disk utilization in the task manager for the first 20-30 mins after I start my machine. During this time when it is 100%, system performance is very slow. After 30 mins, disk utilization drops again under 20% and everything is normal. I tried reaching...
  6. Disk Usage in task manager

Disk Usage in task manager: Task manager shows "100% disk" most of the time. Have tied all posted remedies but nothing works. Any "good" suggestions? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-in-task-manager/35dcb7c2-2be9-4f90-b85e-a1c1103362b8
  7. Task Manager Ethernet no graph(no activity)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager Ethernet no graph(no activity): A while ago after I installed the OS it is working but after a few days, its not working anymore. There is no graph even though it appears on resource monitor(see attached file for reference.)[ATTACH]...
  8. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Em...
  10. Weird Task Manager ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Task Manager ethernet speed: Hi there guys.. I noticed something new to me, never saw it before even if I always keep Task Manager open in background to monitor stats.. I have a 7 MB ADSL and usually on Task Manager I see something like that [img] as you can see the max speed is 7.7 Mbps and...