Windows 10: Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission.

Discus and support Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting an extra hard drive storage folder, which was not there before, with the name "SYSTEM_DRV E" It's 256 MB. its shows 205 MB free of 256 MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SuneelKumar_89, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission.

I am getting an extra hard drive storage folder, which was not there before, with the name "SYSTEM_DRV E"
    It's 256 MB. its shows 205 MB free of 256 MB it was not there before.
    when I am trying to access it. it says "you don't currently have permission to access this folder"
    it also says " click continue to permanently get access to this folder".
    when clicking to continue it says " you have been denied permission to access this folder."
    please provide some solution to get rid of this extra hard drive storage.

:)

SuneelKumar_89, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Extra Drive Appearing in Explorer

Hi Davian,

I realize that you noticed an extra partition in file explorer in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting, let us know the below information.

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Did you check whether any device is connected to USB drive?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system and what is the make and model of your system?

This issue might occur if the system is infected by virus or due to some software/hardware conflict.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to follow the link below and
    run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Also, check and let us know whether the partition appears in Safe Mode with Networking.

Refer to the article below on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 and check if tin helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Extra hard drive partition created without permission

Hi Manish,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator or a Local user?

The issue might be caused due to virus. So, I suggest you to run a complete system scan using Windows Defender or any other anti-virus software installed in your computer and check for status. Also, suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission.

Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission.

1. Extra Drive Appeared in my System Without Permission. - Similar Threads - Extra Drive Appeared

2. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared: I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no...
  3. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared: I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no...
  4. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.: I'm using Window 10 and I have an account on microsoft.com website. My device info has been displayed on microsoft.com many times though I removed it from settings. Recently, there have been issues happening to me. Excel file is opened and appeared automatically; some words...
  6. My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.: I'm using Window 10 and I have an account on microsoft.com website. My device info has been displayed on microsoft.com many times though I removed it from settings. Recently, there have been issues happening to me. Excel file is opened and appeared automatically; some words...
  7. My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What are these extra drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these extra drives?: what are these extra drives? how can i get rid of them. I only have one ssd installed why are these here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-extra-drives/e10cc119-2bcc-444b-8e1e-07e60c119a36
  9. Appearance and permissions

Appearance and permissions: I don't like the font on the desktop icons. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Themes/Desktop icon settings, it tells me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items." Huh? All I want to do...
  10. extra drives

extra drives: extra drives showing when I double click my computer I have tried this NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows 10, you may notice that the drive icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove...