Windows 10: extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

Discus and support extra drives in navigation pane of explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomaseg1, May 23, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back.

But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update.
    *Sleepy*Biggrin

:)

thomaseg1, May 23, 2019
  2. Retro54 Win User

Drive listing on navigation pane

Since updating to version 1511, I've noticed that the navigation pane in file explorer no longer lists my drives in order of the drive letters. They are now listed based on the nickname of the drive which after all these years makes it very confusing. I
    now have to be scrolling the list to make sure I'm opening the correct drive. ANNOYING.

Is there a simple way to force the navigation pane to list them in order of drive letters?

Retro54, May 23, 2019
  3. Show fixed drives in navigation pane

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I will be glad to assist you with this.

In order for the drives to appear in the navigation pane, I would suggest you to pin the drives in quick access. This way, every time you open file explorer, you will be able to easily access and see the drives on the navigation pane. To do so, follow the
    steps below:

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click This PC on the left pane.

3. Left click on a drive and drag it under the quick access pane and release the mouse once you see the "pin to quick access" popup

4. Repeat the steps for the remaining drives.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 23, 2019
  4. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

Not able to open sub-folders from navigation pane in File explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Under which drive are you not able to view the sub folders?
    • Are you not able to expand the options from navigation pane of the File explorer?

This seems to be a temporary issue. Sometimes disabling and enabling some of the options will fix the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open File explorer by pressing Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on View tab located at the top of the window.
    • Click on Navigation pane and uncheck Navigation pane option.
    • Close the window, follow the above steps from a to
      c
      , only this time check the option Navigation pane and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 23, 2019
Thema:

extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

1. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer - Similar Threads - extra drives navigation

2. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  3. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  4. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  5. extra pane in file explorer

extra pane in file explorer: in file explorer a pane has appeared to the right of my preview pane. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-pane-in-file-explorer/63cc981b-5f21-45d1-8fa6-c25a63527235
  6. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  7. Windows explorer navigation pane jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer navigation pane jumping: The navigation pane in Windows explorer jumps to the opened folder although the Open File Explorer function is set to Quick Access in the General tab and the Expand to Open Folder option in the View tab is not checked. I have seen this issue come up elsewhere but none of...
  8. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  9. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?: Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?...
  10. Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane: Hello, As shown below there are 2 drives missing from the Navigation Pane (vertical bar on the left of the File Explorer). How do I show them up there? Thanks in advance. [img] 31049