Windows 10: extra drives

Discus and support extra drives in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; extra drives showing when I double click my computer I have tried this NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows 10, you may notice that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by guilford44, Oct 6, 2018.

1. extra drives

extra drives showing when I double click my computer

I have tried this

NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows 10, you may notice that the drive icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove the duplicate drive icon from there, you'll need to perform the same steps in following key as well:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders

Under "DelegateFolders" key, delete {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} key.

But this did not work

Thanks for reading this

Mick Nolan

:)

guilford44, Oct 6, 2018
  2. little cat, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Extra Devices and drives on This PC (Win 10)

Hi Mike,

Windows 10 has a built-in feature called the Disk Management that allows partitioning to your hard drives. To isolate your concern with extra hard drives, we’d like to know the following:

• The version of your Windows. To know which version of Windows you are using, press
      Windows + R to open run window, type
      winver and press Enter.
    • If you are using a desktop computer or laptop.
    • Make and model of your computer.
    • Error messages that you encounter.
    • Troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far.
    • The screenshot of your hard drives in the This PC explorer window.
    • If you have partitions on your hard drive.
    • The number of hard drive installed on your computer.
    We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

extra drives

Extra USB Drives Listed

Bear in mind, if they are Card Reader slots and you remove the Drive letters then insert an SD Card, it won't show up in File Explorer!

extra drives [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

extra drives

1. extra drives - Similar Threads - extra drives

2. I tried installing Windows 10 to an SSD in one of my extra drive slots, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried installing Windows 10 to an SSD in one of my extra drive slots, resulting in...: My main drive won't update windows 10 anymore, decided to just stick a second one into the other slot and install Windows to it, then I was planning on moving my important files off the first drive.The first time the Primary Partition was 1.82 TBs, got this error:The second...
  3. I tried installing Windows 10 to an SSD in one of my extra drive slots, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried installing Windows 10 to an SSD in one of my extra drive slots, resulting in...: My main drive won't update windows 10 anymore, decided to just stick a second one into the other slot and install Windows to it, then I was planning on moving my important files off the first drive.The first time the Primary Partition was 1.82 TBs, got this error:The second...
  4. I tried installing Windows 10 to an SSD in one of my extra drive slots, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does the cloud installation in reset this PC add an extra 2-3 gigabytes on the hard drive?

Does the cloud installation in reset this PC add an extra 2-3 gigabytes on the hard drive?: Will the system files take more space if I use cloud installation with remove everything? what happens to the old windows system files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-cloud-installation-in-reset-this-pc-add/9fc8c07b-3a65-415d-ae44-edebe41acb08
  6. Does the cloud installation in reset this PC add an extra 2-3 gigabytes on the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the cloud installation in reset this PC add an extra 2-3 gigabytes on the hard drive?: Will the system files take more space if I use cloud installation with remove everything? what happens to the old windows system files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-cloud-installation-in-reset-this-pc-add/9fc8c07b-3a65-415d-ae44-edebe41acb08
  7. Purchased extra storage for One Drive but additional storage is not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased extra storage for One Drive but additional storage is not showing up.: I have two Microsoft subscriptions - one at $19.99/yr, and one at $1.99/mo for additional One Drive storage. One Drive does not show additional storage, and I am almost at my limit. Reviewed previous responses to this issue which were not helpful....
  8. Purchased extra storage for One Drive but additional storage is not showing up.

Purchased extra storage for One Drive but additional storage is not showing up.: I have two Microsoft subscriptions - one at $19.99/yr, and one at $1.99/mo for additional One Drive storage. One Drive does not show additional storage, and I am almost at my limit. Reviewed previous responses to this issue which were not helpful....
  9. Purchased extra storage for One Drive but additional storage is not showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Want to remove extra hard drive but pc wont boot without it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want to remove extra hard drive but pc wont boot without it: I have an nvme boot drive and a hard drive for storage. I want to change the hard drive to a larger ssd for more/faster storage. I as far as I can tell, I moved/deleted everything off of the hardrive except for a folder named windowsapps that i cannot access, so i just copied...