Windows 10: Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

Discus and support Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyrion12, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Tyrion12 Win User

Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid the folders, which worked great for the normal File Explorer. The method for editing the registry is here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-the-folders-from-this-pc-windows-10. However, now additional icons show up when I go to Open a file from say Excel. How do I get rid of these extra icons? I wish I could post a photo to show this.

:)

Tyrion12, Oct 2, 2018

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Oct 2, 2018
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 2, 2018
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view - Similar Threads - Extra Folder Icons

2. What are the Folder icon meanings Fon a File Explorer view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the Folder icon meanings Fon a File Explorer view?: THe check marks, the arrows in a circle, what do they mean?How does this related to OneDrive files? Is this only related to OneDrive folders stored locally?...
  3. What are the Folder icon meanings Fon a File Explorer view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the Folder icon meanings Fon a File Explorer view?: THe check marks, the arrows in a circle, what do they mean?How does this related to OneDrive files? Is this only related to OneDrive folders stored locally?...
  4. How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...: I have an external drive folder of pictures and videos set in Windows Explorer to be in Extra Large view, but sub-folders are in Details view. Rather than clicking into each sub-folder some go many levels deep and choosing this for each one, I want all of them to be in that...
  5. How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...: I have an external drive folder of pictures and videos set in Windows Explorer to be in Extra Large view, but sub-folders are in Details view. Rather than clicking into each sub-folder some go many levels deep and choosing this for each one, I want all of them to be in that...
  6. How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

7. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  8. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  9. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  10. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...