Windows 10: Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete

Discus and support Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I one had I-Cloud Photos on installed my computer but have uninstalled months ago. The I-Cloud Photos folders remain on the left side of my File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomS_OK53, Mar 2, 2021.

1. TomS_OK53 Win User

Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete

I one had I-Cloud Photos on installed my computer but have uninstalled months ago. The I-Cloud Photos folders remain on the left side of my File Explorer window, as shown on the attached graphic. The graphic also shows the error message I get whenever I click on an I-Cloud Photos folder. How can I delete these folder from my File Explorer display? The location shown does in fact exist on the PC.

Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete e5a5a001-afb4-495f-8770-1977c19849d7?upload=true.png

:)

TomS_OK53, Mar 2, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 2, 2021
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 2, 2021
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete - Similar Threads - Extra folders File

2. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  3. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  4. how to delete an extra user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete an extra user: Geek squad reinstalled my windows 10. they created a user account that I no longer want...how do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-extra-user/5f30b9e1-8ebc-4cf5-8a09-5a00c2b30bed
  5. extra pane in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra pane in file explorer: in file explorer a pane has appeared to the right of my preview pane. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-pane-in-file-explorer/63cc981b-5f21-45d1-8fa6-c25a63527235
  6. How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find: Recently, I reorganized my Pictures folder. What was once in a sub-folder titled "AA. People and Pets" was copied into a new folder "Family". Once the transfer was made and verified, I deleted "AA. People and Pets." "Family" now contains about 1500 family photos. Weird...
  7. Deleting folders from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting folders from File Explorer: Hello, the option to delete folders in My Docs appears to have disappeared. Anybody have any clues? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-folders-from-file-explorer/5ad75c5e-3cc1-4ff1-bc35-0b608b4619e6"
  8. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer: The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the...
  9. Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view: For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid the folders, which worked great for the normal File Explorer. The method for editing the registry is here...
  10. Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?: I have a system that started life with a fresh Windows 10 64-bit preview build installed on a blank drive with only one partition. This was later upgraded (using the "not keep any data" option) to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit release. The system drive now has a "Recovery" folder in...