Windows 10: Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared

Discus and support Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im sharing 1 folder called Media on the network. When I try to access the computer to see the shared folder on another computer i see other folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by subby, Apr 5, 2017.

1. subby Win User

Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared

Im sharing 1 folder called Media on the network. When I try to access the computer to see the shared folder on another computer i see other folders shared which i didn't share.

Now since trying to fix this, My Android phone cannot access Music, Pictures, Videos folders located inside the Media folder. Other folders it can access fine, Documents, Downloads etc. Why is this.

Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared [​IMG]

:)

subby, Apr 5, 2017
  2. Squishy Win User

My Own Computer is Not Showing Up in Network

When I click on 'Network' in the start menu, all the computers on my network, aside from my own, show up. I can click on them and access their public shared folders. Mine however, does not show up. I have network discovery on, file and printer sharing, public
    file sharing are all on and password protected sharing is off. I am also part of the same workgroup as the rest of the machines in my house.

Here the kicker though, if I type into the address bar \\[computername]\ it takes me to my shared public documents. I can do this on other machines as well. So it seems the icon in Network is just missing. is there anyway I can force it to show up?

Squishy, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Files Not showing in Explorer

Hello

I have a strange one where files are not showing in explorer on a network share but if I search for the file within the folder it is saved the file shows up.

Any idea's

Marc@Glanvilles, Apr 5, 2017
  4. subby Win User

Ok i fixed it by going into network folder on the pc sharing the folders and just unsharing them. Did display an error, but just ignored it.

And to fix access to the certain folder for the android. I right addedd security permissions to everyone read access in the "Libarays"

subby, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared - Similar Threads - Extra folders showing

2. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  3. Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page: Hi, i got a bit more into domestic networking and sharing files between computers on our local network here at home lately, and have encountered a pretty strange problem on my PC. I created a couple of test shares and enabled all the settings necessary to make it identifiable...
  4. Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer shares folders on local network but doesn't show up in "Network" File Explorer page: Hi, i got a bit more into domestic networking and sharing files between computers on our local network here at home lately, and have encountered a pretty strange problem on my PC. I created a couple of test shares and enabled all the settings necessary to make it identifiable...
  5. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  6. Windows networking shared folders not showing up

Windows networking shared folders not showing up: We have a home networking router (Netgear Nighthawk R7000P) setup with 3 PCs (2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home) connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all...
  7. Network Shared Folder

Network Shared Folder: I set permissions for a user to a network shared folder, and then mapped the network folder on her laptop. At first everything seems fine, but then one of the subfolders disappear, and later reappears. This has been going on intermittently since. Any ideas why this is...
  8. Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.

Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.: I've shared two hard drives over a network from a PC in my home in order to back up to them. Problem is, they've only worked once, and I had to reset the network to get them to appear. Ever since then they don't show up anymore when both computers are on and connected to the...
  9. Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders

Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders: nvm apparently there were two problems that had nothing to with each other 1. being network was discoverable by just typing "\\Server Name" and 2. SMB1 being disabled(need for Kodi but probably gonna disable again and update to new version that uses SMB2) Thx..me lol Hi...
  10. Some folders not showing on shared drives on network

Some folders not showing on shared drives on network: It may be buried in here somewhere but thought I'd throw this out there just in case or to help folks that haven't found a solution here. I was having trouble suddenly with several folders shared between my win 7 and 10 boxes. As far as I know they had worked before and...