Windows 10: Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1

Discus and support Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason it has an extra language and prompts me to choose an input methodHow do I remove the option and the extra language since I don't need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoTexture, Jan 23, 2022.

1. NoTexture Win User

Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1

For some reason it has an extra language and prompts me to choose an input methodHow do I remove the option and the extra language since I don't need it

:)

NoTexture, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jan 23, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1

Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1

1. Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1 - Similar Threads - Extra language pro

2. Can't remove extra languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra languages: Below might be confusing to understand, but PowerShell claims I only have 2 keyboard layouts and so does Windows settings although the 'keyboard switcher' claims to have 4 languages, 2 of which I do not want. Does anyone have advice to remove these extra languages? I have...
  3. Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1: For some reason it has an extra language and prompts me to choose an input methodHow do I remove the option and the extra language since I don't need it...
  4. Windows 10 Pro 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1: I am log into my account using my MSFT email. Widows created a Users Account with the fist 5 letters of my email. However, I need to change it to 7 letters. The reason why this is a new computer and all shortcut keys from other computers point to the old computer with 7...
  5. Windows 10 21H1 Displays Incorrect Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21H1 Displays Incorrect Language: After my laptop installed 21H1 I saw the weather/news link in the tray. It was fine for a day. Now it's displaying in Chinese. All language settings are English. I can't find any way to change this to English. Rebooting doesn't help. The weather app is pointing to a location,...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages

Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages: Hi. I'm trying to set up spellcheck and input methods for extra languages. Seems like spellcheck is not supported for extra languages, which is weird, I could swear that used to work in the past. Any hints will be appreciated.[ATTACH]...
  7. Undeletable Extra Latin Languages

Undeletable Extra Latin Languages: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] All I did was changing my regional format : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undeletable-extra-latin-languages/29e061cb-682e-49be-8b53-3afcdb4951c8
  8. Remove extra language options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove extra language options: [ATTACH] Objective: I want to remove the additional languages or keyboards (I exactly dont know which is it). Explanation: So, when I press Windows + space, I see 4 options (see screenshot # 1). I want to use only 1 (English Canada) and 3 (Marathi Microsoft Indic). Option...
  9. How to Remove Extra Languages?

How to Remove Extra Languages?: So I had these language packages that were installed by mistake, and after deleting 'em they still pop up and work as usual for the keyboard. I can't find a way to delete or turn them off. Please, help. [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: I found solution myself, gonna leave...
  10. extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with

extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with: Hi. With mistake I downloaded windows 10 English International from windows 10 Microsoft download page which is equivalent for English United Kingdom Keyboard Layout I should Have downloaded windows 10 English to use US keyboard layout Now I have added English US keyboard...