Windows 10: Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders

Discus and support Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.752). I recently noticed some strange lines and dots around some windows as shown in the attached. It only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jzchang, Apr 6, 2020.

1. jzchang Win User

Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders

My Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.752). I recently noticed some strange lines and dots around some windows as shown in the attached. It only appeared on some windows (file explorer, Chrome), but not on others (Microsoft Word, Excel). It only happened on the second screen of the laptop and not the main screen. After moving the window to the main screen those lines and dots disappeared. Right after rebooting, it didn't happen; but it would appear after the system was running for a while. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

:)

jzchang, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders :)

Naki, Apr 6, 2020
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders

2 Dotted lines on my screen appears frequently

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are seeing two vertical lines could be a malfunction of your monitor. We'd like to know some information about the two vertical dotted lines that appears on your screen so we can better assist you.

• Can you send us a screenshot of the two vertical dotted lines?
    • Can you try to unplug and re-plug the cord that is connected at the back of your PC and check if the issue persist?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders

1. Extra Lines and Dots Around Window Borders - Similar Threads - Extra Lines Dots

2. Dotted lines around desktop icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dotted lines around desktop icons Windows 11: Every time I click on a desktop icon it gets a dotted white line and when I click on the taskbar or refresh my desktop the icons disappear but when I click somewhere else the border reappears. I like my desktop clean and this annoying me. Is there some way to permanently...
  3. Dotted lines around desktop icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dotted lines around desktop icons Windows 11: Every time I click on a desktop icon it gets a dotted white line and when I click on the taskbar or refresh my desktop the icons disappear but when I click somewhere else the border reappears. I like my desktop clean and this annoying me. Is there some way to permanently...
  4. White Dotted Line around Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Dotted Line around Icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChristianMinecraftbt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeex8z/white_dotted_line_around_icons/
  5. dotted line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dotted line: there is one pink color line on my desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dotted-line/93d67498-e510-4933-b8ad-0604c5a45370
  6. Is there any way to remove the dotted border around desktop icons permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove the dotted border around desktop icons permanently?: I strive for a clean desktop setup, but that annoying dotted icon border messes me up. Is there any way to get rid of it permanently? I've looked online and all the "solutions" are just one-time quick fixes. I know the outline is there for keyboard control, but I never use my...
  7. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  8. Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing: [img] [img] how to make it thin, so annoying Thank in advance 120363
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499