Windows 10: Extra long Shutdown and restart time

Discus and support Extra long Shutdown and restart time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cciv_iv, Jan 10, 2022.

1. cciv_iv Win User

Extra long Shutdown and restart time

As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix B550-F GamingMemory: Crucial Ballistix 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4-4000Windows: Win 10 ProMotherboard is up to dateWindows Updates is up to dateUsed AI Tweaker in BIOS to clock memories up to 4k MHz but that error occured before that It started knowingly after these:Blue Screen BSODPowersupply change & Motherboard updateDISM.e

:)

cciv_iv, Jan 10, 2022
  2. ABY
    aby Win User

Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Hi all,

I recently got Dell Inspiron 15-5577 Gaming i5 Model without SSD with Windows 10 single language installed. Current version installed is 1709 Build16299.309. If I restart my computer it takes 4-5 minutes and even the shutdown time is 3-4 minutes. I have already clean installed the OS so that all the bloatware is removed. Haven't installed any Antivirus program. Have already set waittokill to 1000, tried turning Fast startup off and make changes to registry but nothing worked.

Here's the screenshot of event log of Boot performance monitoring and shutdown performance monitoring.

Extra long Shutdown and restart time [​IMG]

I'm really disappointed with this since my 7 years old desktop with 4 GB RAM and Dual Core processor running Windows 7 boots and shutdown faster than this machine.

Thank you

3. zinou Win User

In the boot trace you sent I don't see 10 minutes delay !

Your desktop is shown after 20s from the boot.
    The only phase that takes long is the post-boot phase, due to high CPU utilization by the sppvsc.exe service (Software Protection Service). this programs checks for genuine Microsoft programs on your computer. if it detects a pirated software it can make your CPU to slow down.

Now my question is where are you experiencing the 10 minutes delays? is that happens during the bios boot phase that doesn't occur in the boot trace?
    to check the bios boot time, open the task manager and go to the startup page:

zinou, Jan 10, 2022
  4. Vorda1 Win User

hi sir, thank you for your answer
    its startup boot (restart) delay 10 minutes....
    will send it to you ....asap.
    respect.
    d.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is, sir : https://transfernow.net/16g6z331vjav
    thank you

Vorda1, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Extra long Shutdown and restart time - Similar Threads - Extra long Shutdown

2. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  3. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  4. Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200: Hello. Very recently I started to have an issue with my shutdown/restart. From few seconds to like 2 minutes. It doesn't happen every time. Every few restarts problem comes back. The event log shows Error with event ID 200. I tried to kill some services but the problem is...
  5. Windows 10 takes an exaggerated long time to restart and shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes an exaggerated long time to restart and shutdown: Hello. I have a 6th Generation Intel Core i5 CPU, a GeForce RTX 20 Series GPU and 16 GB RAM on a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. OS: Windows 10 Pro; Version: 20H2; OS build: 19042.685 And I have the following issues: 1. Windows restart time takes approx....
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...: hi everyone i recently get bsod everytime i try to shut down/restart my windows. It's display DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE i managed to locate and analyze the minidump in C:\Windows\minidump with WinDbg, but i dont understand the results of what cause the bsod or something....
  7. Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long: i will try to be as short as possible , i am running windows 10 2004 on ADATA SU630 480 Gb Sata SSD i never had this issue before , when i try to shutdown or restart my pc it takes ages , i don't have any issue with booting windows when pc is off its fast at first i thought...
  8. RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME

RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME: When I'm restart my laptop minimum 3 minutes then showing windows logo. Kindly help me sir/ma'am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-laptop-long-time/221303e3-b02e-4e2c-baff-63b5ace144f4
  9. Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10: That will certainly fix the issue. Thank you. I updated the windows 10 to Build 16299.371 and it shuts off much faster than before however Restart still takes a lot of time. Pretty much happy with the performance as well. Lets see how Windows 10 April update performs.
  10. Very long time to restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long time to restart!: Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer...