Windows 10: Extra Mouse Button Opens File Explorer (Win 10 Home)

Discus and support Extra Mouse Button Opens File Explorer (Win 10 Home) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, (MSI Clutch 08 Gaming Mouse) I got my new gaming mouse today and the software that came with the mouse doesn't have button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kturisnav, Mar 26, 2021.

1. kturisnav Win User

Extra Mouse Button Opens File Explorer (Win 10 Home)

Hi everyone,

(MSI Clutch 08 Gaming Mouse)

I got my new gaming mouse today and the software that came with the mouse doesn't have button configuration. By default, Mouse 4 opens File Explorer. However, I cannot find a way to unbind that function nor change it in Windows 10 or the mouse software. I tried to use X-Mouse to bind it to F9, but it still opens File Explorer in-game.

I've been out of PC gaming for years now and don't know how to proceed.

Thank you,
    Brandon

:)

kturisnav, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2021
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 26, 2021
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Extra Mouse Button Opens File Explorer (Win 10 Home) - Similar Threads - Extra Mouse Button

2. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open button is missing in file explorer: Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them...
  3. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open button is missing in file explorer: Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them...
  4. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer: This is a small but annoying problem. When I click on the "Network" link in File Explorer, it takes a long time to open. It's only a couple of minutes but it seem to take forever compared to opening other folders. If I open the network from two other computers on the...
  6. Push to talk not working with extra mouse buttons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Push to talk not working with extra mouse buttons.: So I use the game bar Windows 10 quite a lot. I also use push to talk all the time. Recently I get a new mouse with 2 extra buttons on the side and it works for everything. I was setting up one of the side buttons for the push to talk on the game bar but when I went to...
  7. extra pane in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra pane in file explorer: in file explorer a pane has appeared to the right of my preview pane. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-pane-in-file-explorer/63cc981b-5f21-45d1-8fa6-c25a63527235
  8. Windows lost mouse extra buttons (Sidewinder X8)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows lost mouse extra buttons (Sidewinder X8): So, today while gaming I noticed my Sidewinder X8 thumb buttons weren't working anymore. Then I double checked in Windows and they didn't work there either, neither did DPI-buttons or the extra "Game"-button the mouse has. I've tried with 2nd Sidewinder X8 I have to make...
  9. Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view: For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid the folders, which worked great for the normal File Explorer. The method for editing the registry is here...
  10. Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home

Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home: I just stumbled across this and I'm not sure if it's posted anywhere else but, here goes anyway. Basically you're copying the 'This PC' CLSID and creating a DelegateFolder for the HomeFolder. In the Registry, navigate to...