Windows 10: Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

Discus and support Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nikilet, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up frequently. Another that will open frequently is the second screenshot, but there's no rhyme or reason. I might click on a link on an item I'm looking at on Amazon to see something similar and that page will open, but an additional page opens.

Just now when I clicked on "Manage Attachments" that box opened, but look what opened on top of it (see screenshot 3).

This has been happening on any site I might be on, and on both my laptop and my desktop. I have the same browser, add ons, etc., on both computers.

:)

Nikilet, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 8, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Optimize Performance of Windows 10  

If you are referring to the links in the tutorial on the first page, then you can click on the links in the listed step to open the tutorial for it.

Brink, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object - Similar Threads - Extra pages opening

2. When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab: I want to know how to open web page in a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-live-tab-in-an-open-webpage-i/c8344e8a-4608-426d-a63d-500e5fd7f10d
  3. When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared: Hi, When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared. The name of the link is Gamehouse. It should show in the list, then show a list of games when I click on it. I can still play the games from 'This PC' but it's fiddly...
  4. Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

in Browsers and Email
    Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it: Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy remedy, either reboot or quicker still if I go into taskmanager and kill the edge process. Then if I click on the pinned...
  5. Dangerous Links: Did I just click on a malicious link?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dangerous Links: Did I just click on a malicious link?: I may sound paranoid, but I know my personal information can be accessed by me just clicking on a link as this happened to me earlier in the year. Is there some kind of "online scanner" I can use to check if a link contains malicious intentions like if it wants to steal my...
  6. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked: about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior. 97302
  7. Help i made mail client default open with when click on mail link

in Browsers and Email
    Help i made mail client default open with when click on mail link: Help how do i change this back as i inadvertently clicked the box that popped up and forgot to uncheck make default open with for all email links, now when i click on a link it opens mail on win ten, how to change that help appreciated please. 18408
  8. Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.: I have Microsoft Edge set to open a blank page when opened. When I click on it in the taskbar, two blank page Edge windows open. One closes with X but the other one only closes with Task Manager. How do I fix this? 49758
  9. How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page

in Browsers and Email
    How to turn off mouse hover auto click when over a link on a web page: I have searched all over the internet and these forums, and it seems many people are searching the same thing. How do I turn off the mouse auto click when it hovers over a link in a web page. I downloaded the windows 10 and it has started doing this. I can't find a thing...
  10. Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10: I have been trying to open the following link but it freezes after opening a new window. Can any one help? DepositFiles Thanks 20875