Windows 10: Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

Discus and support Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nikilet, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up frequently. Another that will open frequently is the second screenshot, but there's no rhyme or reason. I might click on a link on an item I'm looking at on Amazon to see something similar and that page will open, but an additional page opens.

Just now when I clicked on "Manage Attachments" that box opened, but look what opened on top of it (see screenshot 3).

This has been happening on any site I might be on, and on both my laptop and my desktop. I have the same browser, add ons, etc., on both computers.

:)

Nikilet, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 8, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Optimize Performance of Windows 10  

If you are referring to the links in the tutorial on the first page, then you can click on the links in the listed step to open the tutorial for it.

Brink, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object - Similar Threads - Extra pages opening

2. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  3. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  4. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...: Everytime I click a link from Phone Link it opens in Edge browser, although my default for everything on my Windows 11 Pro PC is Chrome. Anyway to change this?...
  6. Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...: Everytime I click a link from Phone Link it opens in Edge browser, although my default for everything on my Windows 11 Pro PC is Chrome. Anyway to change this?...
  7. page keeps dimming when I click on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    page keeps dimming when I click on it: page keeps dimming when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-keeps-dimming-when-i-click-on-it/0e452efd-d894-4129-98df-66246294c6c3
  8. Clicking the links for installed windows updates doesn't open web page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clicking the links for installed windows updates doesn't open web page: Clicking the hyperlinks for installed windows updates does not show the relevant web page associated with them. A website should appear in my web browser when I click the name of an installed windows update giving more information about it. Why doesn't it? How can I fix it?...
  9. When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.: When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. I then have to minimise the page I am working on to see the page I have opened, then minimise this page to return to the original page. This is very frustrating. I am using Windows 10 home version...
  10. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked: about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior. 97302